29. Hide-and-Seek

After successfully finding and killing a rabid feral goat, I was finally able to go back to my home.

I snuck into my home as quietly as I could and immediately walked straight to my bedroom.

After walking into my room, I belly-flopped onto my bed, waking up Ace, who was also sleeping on my bed, in the process.

"I need sleep," I whined as I grabbed Ace into a hug and wrapped myself up into a burrito with the soft blankets.

Within five seconds, I left to dream-land.

.

.

One Night Later

.

.

"Milady, it's time to wake up."

"..." I didn't reply.

"Milady, you need to wake up now."

"..." I ignored the annoying voice again.

"Milady, we have guests."

"No," I said curtly.

I neither wanted to wake up nor meet the "guests."

"Milady, if you don't wake up now, I'll have to ask our guests to wake you up themselves."

"I don't care," I muttered.

"Of course. Give me a moment to bring our guests into your room, milady."

Grey left my room with a chuckle.

Ugh...Why is waking up in the mornings so hard?!

It's even harder to wake up today because I spent last night in the forest...

I shifted my position on the bed and waited for sleep to come again.

But before I could fall deeply into my sleep, my bedroom door opened.

"Go away, Grey," I said with a little annoyance.

Couldn't he just take a hint and leave...?!

But instead of Grey, someone even more annoying replied.

"Wake up, Lia."

Ugh...the annoying prince came.

"Go away," I groaned.

"Maybe I'll just..." Florence whispered softly as he sat on the side of my bed next to me, "...kiss you awake..."

I could feel him give a small peck to my cheek.

I slapped him as hard as I could in return.

"That's harassment," I said with anger in my voice.

Apparently, Florence wasn't affected by my slap AT ALL because he chuckled.

"Aww...it hurts that my little fiancé is being so cold..." Florence said with a fake pain in his voice.

"Don't always call me your fiancé! If I had a choice, I wouldn't have picked to marry you," I said as I shuffled into a better position on my bed.