Come With Me

We had came back to the room, had a few drinks then topped it off with a heavy make out session that was still ongoing.

On the way up to the room I still puzzled over Tahj's behavior when it came to Shawn. Something still felt off. I wasn't stupid. If Tahj knew Shawn then there was a possibility he did know Raheem.
So, could he be lying?
Even if he did know them, I'm sure just from school, why would he lie about it? Once again I didn't want to press him about something, which is what I feel like I'm starting to do a lot. Things should just be and flow and I'm sure in due time things will come out and add up.

I wasn't dwelling on it for too long once the drinks set in. After that all I cared about was the way Tahj felt and how he was feeling. I liked how his lips felt, I liked what I was touching, wherever that was on his body. Was he feeling it back? Was I touching him in turn just right? Physically he responded back great. Mentally, the dinner date came back to me and the questions I had and the ones still unanswered.

I pushed those thoughts aside again. Tahj peeled off his shirt then went for mines. At that moment my phone vibrated.... multiple times back to back. Who the fuck could that be?
Tahj was all in my neck, creating a hickey it felt like.

"I'm sorry to slow your road but I can't be having that on me," I said then moved his lips back to mines.
"Why?" He smiled down at me curiously.
He was on top of me, me in between his legs as I laid flat on the bed. I looked into his eyes.
"My joooooob," I said back with a smile. "It's not professional."
He rolled his eyes.
"That's so you."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
Tahj licked his lips.
"Check your phone first," he said then swiftly hopped off me.
I stared at him in astonishment. I did not like that attitude.
"Woooooow. Don't tell me what to do," I smile at him but it was a warning.

He simply smiles back at me before slowly looking at my phone.
After a pause I silently snatch up my phone.

Shit.

It was Damario. All Damario.

D🤡: yooooooo
D🤡: where the hell are youuuuu??
D🤡: i didnt mean tht shit the other night
D🤡: i was playin, i wouldn't so our friendship like tht
D🤡: nah I'm lyin, I meant tht shit 😅
D🤡: listen jus come back so we can talk
D🤡: are you wit your boyfrien?
D🤡: Lessssssss!!!
D🤡: answer meeeeeeee!

I stopped from reading the messages and grabbed my shirt and frantically put it on.
Tahj stares at me, chuckling.

"Whoa! What's the rush?"
"I'll be right back. It's D. He sounds like he's having a mental break down."
That got his attention, his eyes grew more concerned.
"Okay, is he okay?" Tahj sat up.
"Sure. I'll be right back."

I found myself yet again in another hallway to have a conversation.

"Les, is that you?"
Even in a situation like this I wanted to laugh. He sounded so out of it.
"D.... what the fuck?" I nervously laugh.
"Listen, I know what you about to say. Yessss, I've had some drinks. How many doesn't matter. It was 7. When are you coming back?"
"I'm coming back early Monday."
There was a long period of silence.
"Where are you?"
He had a sadness in his voice.
"I'm at a hotel with Tahj."
I rubbed at my eyes, a rowdy couple passed by me.
"Aiight," he finally says.

I wanted to say something else but it wouldn't leave me. There was silence before he hung up. I stared at my phone for a good two minutes.

Fuck.

My plans here weren't going to solve my problems it seems.
Eventually I walk back into the room.

"Almost gave up on you, almost fell asleep," Tahj muffles to me.
He's laying on his stomach flicking through channels on the TV.
"Sorry about that."
I had took too long to respond and had got his full attention before I replied.
"What happened?" Tahj slowly sat up, his shirt was still off.
I shook my head.
"It's not something I want to talk about. It's partially D's business so let's just worry about us."
I slowly made my way to his mouth and he accepted.

Surprisingly the weekend didn't fly by. It seemed to drag. Tahj and I had so much time together. We went back to the restaurant. Even checked out another restaurant down the street. They had a spa in the hotel. We got massages. Our lips were raw from making out. At this point things were looking official in my eyes.

I did wonder if the feeling of this vacation dragging was because I felt guilty for leaving Damario for so long. I hadn't heard back from him since the first night here. Some part of me wanted to check on him and not just call him but actually be there. The feeling would come and go since I had Tahj to keep me company.

Then Monday came. At six in the morning we signed out. The sun was starting to come up and the air felt breezy cool, probably from the ocean. We stood in front of each other before going our separate ways.

"This was the most fun," he tells me.
"I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was much needed."
He kisses me first.
"So," he says. "When will I see you again?"

Good question. Now that I think about it I had a lot going on this week. I just remembered that this weekend is the fish fry get together at my parents. Also school is ending soon and the Disney trip is coming up, I should probably mention that to Tahj at some point; I will be going away for a week. We also had to have a meeting for the trip, probably won't need to do that part until next week.

And then there was the whole Damario situation.

"I'll text you," I tell him. "But it should be soon, maybe we could even do this again but later this month."
"No problem, we got all the time."

Him saying that let me know that he was down with this for the long haul. I kissed him in reply.

Drug dealers were already at it bright and early. I walked by a few guys as I made my way into D's apartment. I could feel their mean mugs on me but paid it no mind.

D had given me his spare key to the place. I was nervous for some reason. I had to take a deep breath, concentrating on his apartment numbers, before I entered the key. I don't know what I was expecting when I walked in but for some reason I was surprised to see how spotless the place was. It looked cleaner than I remembered it.

I don't know why I figured that D would be hung over or still drunk when I seen him but he walks out of the kitchen the most sober and serious I have ever seen him.

"Yo," he simply says before turning back into the kitchen with his head down.
This was even worse. I couldn't do the awkward feels.
"Hey."
I decided to follow him and sure enough the kitchen was squeaky clean.
"This place is shining," I comment before taking a seat at the table.
"When I get bored I clean," he said in this deep, monotone voice.

I watched him cut up cheddar cheese. I noticed the white rubber band bracelet on his left wrist. My eyes trailed the bulging muscles and veins in his forearm. He was wearing a white T-shirt and gray sweatpants. My eyes landed on the side of his neck and stared at the way his chain hung there. How appealing it looked there. His hair, still a little messy, was wrapped up on the top of his head. My eyes moved down to his eyelashes and watched him concentrate on what his hands were doing.

"Come out with me to my parents' this weekend," I say before I even had the chance to think it.

He stops what he's doing and finally looks at me, earlier it just seemed like a glance at me. I decided to continue talking because silence.

"They're having a fish fry this weekend and I'm sure they would be glad to have and see you. It's been a minute."

He goes back to looking at the cheese and that's when I realized that music was playing. Was it playing all along? I actually recognized the song because my brother had a girlfriend who would play it all the time. It was Dear Lie by TLC. Interesting choice of background music.

"Thanks, sounds fun, can't wait to see the fam," his voice sounded a little more upbeat, almost close to the D I'm used to.
"Great."
And I'm glad that I did ask him.