Chapter 17

"What happened mahi, you look worried since past few days, is everything fine?" sanvi asked me looking at me concerned. I hugged her tightly and cried at that.
"Hey,  it's fine okay,I'm with you, just vent it all out, you'll  feel better", she said patting my back.
"I don't know sanvi, since few days Ruhan's been acting little weird, like he just don't have time for me and spend most of his time locked in study, doing god knows what, and snap at small things.", I told her with tears streaming down my face.
"Hey, it'll be fine, don't worry, you tried talking to him?", she asked me. I nodded my head in no. Actually I didn't really told him, how's he making me feel these days,i told her.
"Then idiot girl, go and talk to him, try to sort things out and don't assume everything on your own. You both are my ideals.", she said smiling at me then continuing, "mahi relationship is not always be love and happiness, we all face some ups and downs but at that time what matters is how you hold yourself together for both of you. If things getting out of hands, let them be for some time,but if they still continues then talk it out with your  other half. You don't know what person in front of you is going through. So just talk it out. And pull yourself together for both of you", she said pulling me in for another hug.
"I'll talk to him sanvi. I've never experienced such situations before, maybe because of that I freaked out.", I said.
"This is what friends are for. To make you see the reality and to guide you", she said and I thanked her for saving my day and I thought in my mind. I have all the answers inside of me but I was so disturbed by all this that I forgot to look inside myself and I pull myself together back again and went to attend my next class with sanvi accompanying me. During lunch we all were sitting in canteen. Just then sanvi said, "Guys lets go outside and eat.", she said clapping her hands together and everyone agreed, then she looked at me and I said, "Sorry guys you all go and enjoy I have class in 1 hour. I am not in mood today".
"Come on mahi don't be spoilt sport. This is why we are going na baby to improve your mood. Now come on say yes", sanvi said. One thing I have learned after these months of friendship with sanvi is that to never argue with her, cause she knows how to turn no into yes and I nodded my head in yes. And we all went to a nice, cozy diner half an hour away from our campus. And welcomed by smell of coffee as we entered inside. We took seat near the  window. And start looking up menu to order something. Just then the waiter come to take our orders and after telling him our order. We start talking, gossiping and stuff. I was paying attention to them in beginning but just then I saw two people entering inside cafe and I got shock of my life as the pair that entered right now was none other than my dear husband and some girl. He pulled chair for her to sit and they both start discussing something. I was looking at them just then sanvi noticed my inattention and shoved me and  I turned towards her and motioned her towards, where ruhan was sitting and after looking there she said 'talk it out'  and I nodded at that. Few minutes later our food arrived and we all dig in. Few minutes later ruhan and that girl got up to leave and as they were leaving, Jayden eyes fall on him and he whispered in my ear, "Hey that's your husband right?".
"Yes, maybe he is here for work" I told him and he patted my hairs just then ruhan looked towards us and after glancing at me, leave with his company. I was lost in my trail of thoughts, just then Jayden put hand on my shoulder, comforting me,"Don't overthink. Our brain has tendency to turn it against us", he said again patting my head. Jayden is like my big brother always taking care of me. He always needed a sister and he said he found her in me. After having lunch we all went back to college. I'm really thankful nobody other than sanvi and Jayden noticed ruhan, otherwise they would have made it a issue. After finishing all my classes I head out to take a bus home, only to be astounded by worn out ruhan Standing at our college gate waiting for me to arrive. I smiled at him and he opened car door for me to enter then come and sat on driver's seat. After a half an hour drive with no one among us speaking and lost in our thoughts, with me looking outside the window the whole time. We entered inside our house and I asked ruhan to freshen up till I prepare something for him to eat and he left to freshen up, after preparing something for both of us, I went up to freshen up myself. Just then ruhan left for down. After washing my face I pulled myself together and went down cheerfully. And we both ate silently. After eating I got up and take my plate to put in washbasin, when I turned to leave ruhan hold my hand putting both  our plates aside and asking me to sit. And I sat down quietly. "Mahi whatever you saw today was just part of my work. I hope you are not misunderstanding all this.", he told looking in my eyes, trying to found answers there. I took his hand in mine and looked at him and spoke, "I know ruhan, don't worry, I trust you" , smiling at him and then continued, "when I first noticed you I was a  little astounded but then I pulled myself together and thought from your point of view. And understood the whole situation. You are an 'agent' ruhan I understand that. But just give me little hint if you meet some girl next time. I trust you I really do. I waited for you to explain instead of assuming something.", I told him and he thanked me for understanding. "I'm sorry wifey. I'll tell you next time" he said.
"I know ruhan you can't speak about your work and I respect that but I think just a hint will do if you tell me about when you are meeting opposite gender", told him and he smiled at me assuring me. "I also wanted to talk about your behaviour ruhan. You had been a little off since last few days,is everything fine at work?",I asked him.
"Sorry to trouble you wifey, I was going to talk to you today about it but all that cafe thing happened. Things being little off at work lately. This mission is little difficult. That is why I got these moods. Sorry if they affected you. Next time I'll take care to leave work outside this door", he said smiling at me and I smiled back. After washing utensils together, we both sat down on couch hugging each other, watching tangled playing and I was drooling at Eugene. He is my dream guy.
"you got a little drool here wifey" Ruhan said wiping non existent drool from side of my face. Teasing me and I shoved his hand of.
"Let me focus on my Eugene", I looked at him and then back on screen.
"Wifey you seem little close to this jayden guy",  he asked me out of blue.
"What brought this up?",   I asked him loosing my concentration from the screen and paused the movie. He start to rub back of his head.
"I saw him putting his hand on your shoulder, when I was moving out of cafe", he told me, avoiding my gaze and looking here and there. I hold his face and asked him to look at me and finally he did.
"You are an idiot, you know that right...But my idiot. You are so cute when you are jealous", I said.
"You don't know baby world war 3 was about to began there. You ask your friends to keep their hands to themselves or else I have to intervene", he said getting all angry.
"Hey there is nothing like that, he is like elder brother to me and he also feels the same", I told him entwining our hands and lay down my head on his shoulder, tracing circles at back of his hand and he finally calm down. Hugging me and making me sit on his lap and we both watched movie, silently enjoying each others embrace.