*- 19 - I have no idea what you see in that git

FRED'S POV

I had just explained everything to Dumbledore and he seemed to take it very seriously. He rushed me to breakfast and went to talk to McGonagall. I was feeling loads of things and it was a bit overwhelming. I felt relieved that this would be taken care of, I still felt really angry about what had happened, sad because the girl I loved was hurt and I also felt ... happy about waking up with a sleeping Y/N in my arms. That was something I could definitely get used to.

I arrived at the common room just in time as my friend group was leaving. My goal for today was doing what I do best: making Y/N smile. Y/N was not someone to talk about her feelings so that would be of no use.

"What are you doing up so early?" George asked.

"Morning workout", I said and flexed dramatically, earning mostly eyerolls, but a giggle from Y/N. We made our way to the Great Hall and I could see that Y/N was looking around uneasily.

"Don't worry, he won't be bothering you anymore", I whispered and she looked confused. Just then, Igor Karkaroff walked out of the Great Hall, aggressively pulling Michael with him. I felt Y/N tense up beside me, so I put a hand on her back to tell her that I was with her.

"You're not to set foot in this school ever again, nor in mine", Igor hissed at him. As Igor's eyes fell on Y/N, he gave her an apologetic look. Y/N on the other hand, was just looking at Michael in terror.

"It's okay", I said and gently pulled her along.

"What was that all about?" Angelina asked carefully, aware of the tension. I just shot her a look that said to not go into it.

"He tried to take advantage of me. If Fred hadn't shown up, he would have", Y/N said bluntly. I looked at her surprised.

"There's no point in hiding it", she explained and I couldn't help but feel such admiration towards her. The others were quiet. They knew not to ask further questions. They were all kind of in shock.

"I'm good guys. Don't worry about me", she said.

"I'm so sorry Y/N. If we ever cross paths with him again, he'll be sorry", Katie said and grabbed Y/N's hand. After that, breakfast picked up again and we avoided the subject.

YOUR POV

The next couple of weeks were busy, yet normal. The twins had their hands full with their mini business. Valentine's Day was coming up, so their perfumes were selling really well. I taught them how to make the diluted potion themselves, so they spent most of their time brewing more. They were also working on something else, but they wouldn't tell me what it was. Knowing them, it would be spectacular anyway.

Even though I was pretty busy with classes, friends and just life at Hogwarts in general, my mind kept wandering to Valentine's Day. It was cliché and kind of gross, but I really, really hoped that Fred would do something. After what had happened with Michael, we got really close again. It was like before, teasing and subtle flirting, yet also different. After our talk in the Owlery, I kind of knew he liked me and he knew I liked him. It took away a lot of the confusion, yet neither of us acted on it. And even though I liked how things were, I was kind of hoping for something more. This had gone on for so long now and what he told me that night, about how he regretted not kissing me, I didn't let myself play that down as a spur of the moment thing.

As I was wondering if Fred would do something, I was breaking my head over the reverse-question. What should I do? Should I get him something? We were not dating, we hadn't even kissed, but it felt like something. There was something special and I didn't know how to label it. A physical gift felt too serious for something that wasn't yet serious at all, yet nothing felt ignorant. But gifts on Valentine's Day were so lame. I hated that holiday.