Chapter 4: Morning

The letter, that bulky white envelope, its the same acceptance letter as the one from thirty years back and its sitting within your grasp. You've done it, you've gotten accepted into UA for a second time and if it wasn't for Shoto and Midoriya and his peers this dream would've never came to fruition. What you never expected was the baggage to come along with the acceptance letter.

You began to weave through the class dormitory. Your tired nearly burning eyes scanned the names on each door just searching for one particular name. You had no luck on the first few floors but the name plate for Midoriya finally brought your heart some closure. It's weird though, out of everyone you've built a friendship with over the past two weeks you only want to see Midoriya. Shoto was the last person you wanted to talk with which is downright astonishing in itself.

Knock Knock Knock!

Your first pounded on the wooden door that bared Midoriya's name in bolded white letters on a cute All might themed name plate. That green haired boy answered the door almost immediately and lit up with delight to the sight of that white envelope you've been antsy to recieve for days on end. "So, what'd it say (Y/n)? What am I saying? I know you got accepted!" Midoriya ushered you into his room, closed the door and shut off the lamp upon his desk.

"Well... Okay," you had no intention to open up the acceptance letter here and now but if he's this giddy to see it then why not?

Your fingers fumbled with the paper envelope's seal. The glue keeping it enclosed was impossible to unseal without ripping the entire thing in half! At this point, you couldn't care less however, ripping it open without concern. A small round disk, it was the size of the palm of your hand and no larger, poked out from the shredded envelope remains and illuminated the room. You found yourself taking a seat beside Midoriya on the bed as you lied the holographic disk upon the floor.

At last, an image formed within the air as the current principal of UA sitting at his desk. You believe his name is Nezu, and he seemed content while sipping on a steaming cup of green tea. "Good day to you! I am Nezu, the Principal of UA. It would be my honor to welcome you, (Y/n) (L/n), to my school of dreams. Your performance in the entrance exam was phenomenal! We've never had a student successfully complete the obstacle course in as little time as you have. This says a lot as we've have a great number of super speed quirks over the decades. I'm sure your peers can fill you in on your schedule. Make sure to get your school and hero uniform fitted as soon as possible. Once again, I welcome you to UA as part of Shota Aizawa's class of heroics!" The hologram of that cheerful mouse-man faded away and with it had Midoriya turn on the lights with a jump to his many steps.

Shoto was on his way back to his dorm room after searching around for you for a while. When the lights within Midoriya's room came on coincidentally just as Shoto was passing by, the lights shown through the bottom of the doorframe. Shoto figured he'd drop in a say hello but was caught off guard as Midoriya was referring to you.

"See! I told you that you'd make it!" Midoriya gave you a quick hug which was the most surprising part of the day. Except, he began to frown upon pulling back. "Why do you look so upset (Y/n)? I thought you wanted to be part of UA more than anything?"

"I don't know really... Been thinking about stuff over the last few days... I think I've been ignoring my feelings," That's the harsh reality right now. Since your parents told you off on day one, you've been forcing all your issues down beneath your skin to fester. You've never been good with expressing your emotions. All of the emotions except for anger.

Midoriya understood your concern, "Is this why you didn't go to Shoto? I know he's pretty bad with them..."

"I think we all know he's pretty bad with his emotions," you managed to snicker. "Plus I didn't want to talk to him about his dad when he... When he hates him so much. It's like I can't talk to Shoto about much because I used to date his dad and all. Sort of feels like he hates me too..."