•💕Ringo~Home for the Holidays💕•

Requested by marmaladeskies67

You were nervous. Very nervous. Today was the day that you wrote going to meet the love of your life's parents. Not to mention it was also Christmas. You were sat on the couch with your coat and shoes on ready to leave, thinking about everything that could possibly go wrong. Your negative train of thoughts was broken by your boyfriend Richard. Everybody called him ringo though.
"Y/n, are you ready to leave?" He shouted from the hallway by the front door of the house that you both shared.
"Yes," you replied dreading what you had agreed to.

You entered the cat and sat in the passengers seat next to Ringo who was driving. The car ride would last about 15-20 minutes. That still wasn't long enough for you to prepare yourself. Ringo saw you twitching and fidgeting with your thumbs out of the corner of his eye. He placed his hand in your thigh for comfort.
"Y/n, you have literally nothing to be worried about. My family have been looking forward to meeting you. They'll love you. Trust me. It will be over before you know it," he spoke softly keeping his eyes fixed on the road. His words were comforting and soothes your anxiety. That was until he pulled up outside of his parents house.

You and Ringo stepped out of the car and made your way to the front door. Ringo knocked twice and you waited.
"Ringo I don't think they're in maybe we should leave," you said wanting to escape.
"Calm down it will be fine," he said placing a soft kiss on your lips. Just then the door opened. You and ringo broke your kiss to be met with an old ish looking woman with similar features to ringo. A welcoming smile appeared on her face.
"Richard! I'm so glad you could make it!" She said whilst hugging him.
"Hi mum. Merry Christmas! This is-" before he could introduce you, he was interrupted by his mother. As soon as she saw you her face lit up.
"And you must be the famous y/n. Well merry Christmas dear. Why, you're more beautiful than Richard said," you thanked her for her compliment and she hugged you. The pair of you stepped inside out of the harsh British weather. Their house smelt like a mixture of Christmas dinner being cooked and  those apple and cinnamon dented Christmas candles.

Ringo lead you towards the living room where his father, uncle and cousins were watching 'A  Christmas Carlo'. There was wrapping paper scattered all over the floor and a beautifully decorated Christmas tree in the corner. As you enter the room, ringo greets his family with 'merry Christmas' and introduces you. You spoke to Ringo's father and uncle for about 15 minutes whilst ringo played with his younger cousins. Then ringos mother entered the room asking if anyone wanted a cuppa.
"Dear why don't you come with me? You dint have to be bored by the men talking about the footie then," you agreed and went with her.

You were now stood in the kitchen with Ringos mother and 2 of his aunties. The dinner was almost done but you stood and talked with them whilst it was still cooking.
"So how long have you and Richard been together for?" One of his aunties asked.
"Erm about 5 months," you answered as he walked into the kitchen to get a drink.
"You alright sugar?" He asked.
"Yeah I'm fine thanks babe," you replied as he gave you a quick peck on the cheek returning to the living room with a few drinks.
"Awwwwe you too are so cute together!!" Both his mother and aunties cried. You blushed at this.

It was now dinner time and you helped set up the table. Within about 5 minutes everything was ready. Everyone crowded around the table fighting over who's sitting where. You sat next to ringo of corse. Half was through dinner, ringos mother cleared her throat to speak.
"Richard I'm proud of you. You have found such a lovely, beautiful well mannered girl," you and ringo both thanked her.
"So when are you getting married?" His uncle asked. You and ringo looked at each other.
"Do you want me to get your present before they start questioning about kids?" Ringo asked. You nodded giggling.

Ringo bought in a small cube shaped object that was wrapped in penguin covered wrapping paper. He handed it to you and you started to unwrap it. It revealed a little box. Inside the box was a gorgeous necklace. It had 'love, Richie' written on it in a little heart charm. Ringo put it on for you.
"I hope you like it," he said whilst fastening the clasp.
"I do. I love it. It's beautiful thank you so much. Here's your present," you said getting a small wrapped box from out of your bag. The box revealed a golden watch. With your help ringo put it on. He thanked you a lot for it and gave you another peck on the cheek. This was the best Christmas ever!