There Goes The No Deadly Shots

The rover was moving much faster than before, the adrenaline was rushing through me. My old memories were slowly fading and it was getting harder and harder to place events in chronological order, especially after 3 months of living there without context from the show. Yet, I was sure we'd find Monty's mom. The signal was getting closer as the forest intensified until we were in Ice Nation's border. Raven stopped, and we all got out, while Octavia parked her organic rover.

"These woods must be the border," Bellamy stated.

"So, where's all the ice?" Jasper asked and I struggled not to laugh or roll my eyes. Or something in between.

"Much farther north, Azgeda stretches for 1,000 miles," O explained.

"Good thing we only have to go 200 meters," Monty said, clearly relieved.

"Well, even one meter seems too much," I muttered looking into the woods, knowing something was about to go wrong, but not sure why, and holding tighter to my gun.

"Slow down. Remember rules of engagement are non-lethal force. Tight formation on my command." Bellamy reminded us.

I looked back, watching Raven as she walked to us, uncomfortable.

"You okay?" I asked.

"Raven, you stay in the rover," Bellamy told her before she could answer me.

"Yeah, right. I'm great." She said, answering us both.

"We need every gun we've got," Octavia said, getting her sword.

"They're coming. 120 meters. 110." Monty was stating til he looked at Bellamy and Octavia, both holding their weapons. "They're our people what are...?"

"We hope they're our people," Bellamy answered. "On my command."

Three men arrived in horses, dressed like ice nation, which Octavia quickly confirmed. She started talking to them but all I got was "skaikru" and then "wanheda".

"Clarke..." I whispered.

"They think we're looking for Wanheda." Octavia explained.

"Who's that?" Bellamy asked and I got a weird look from Finn.

"I don't know," O answered.

But I did, but couldn't explain how.

"The light. That's the beacon." Monty whispered, pointing to the grounder.

Before any of us could even think about what to do Jasper started moving, we all tried to call him and I tried to grab him but before I could he passed by me, and Bellamy didn't let me follow him.

"Tell them we observe the commander's truce, do it now!" Bellamy told Octavia and she quickly followed his order.

"This belongs to us," Jasper said as he grabbed the beacon. The grounder quickly grabbed him and pulled a knife to his throat.

I took one step forward, holding my gun even tighter if that was even possible. Octavia kept talking to them. Jasper laughed, which was a really big mistake because the grounder cut his skin on his neck, even a bigger mistake because everyone started shooting while Bellamy tried to stop them. The last grounder standing was taken out by Octavia. Jasper fell to the ground and I quickly ran to him, trying to get him to stop bleeding, then looked up at them.

"There goes the no deadly shots."

Everyone was shouting about what had just happened and Bellamy ran to the rover to answer the radio since Kane was radioing.

Octavia joined me, and we grabbed Jasper taking him to the rover while he and Monty argued.

"Can you two shut up?" I said angrier than intended. "It's done, there's no going back and arguing about it won't change anything."

"Take him home!" Bellamy ordered, even angrier than me.

"I'm fine thanks for asking," Jasper muttered.

"Miller!" Bellamy called. "Get one of their horses. Raven said you can't ride, you're on the back. Monty, you're with me. The rest of you go home. Let's go."

I stared at Bellamy waiting for an answer.

"You're going home."

"The hell I am."

"Enough trouble for one day. You're going home." Bellamy repeated.

I wanted to argue but walked to the horse anyway, knowing that Bellamy was actually serious. Bellamy was going alone with Monty and there was no way to change his mind.

One of the things I had learned over the last few months was how to ride a horse since O had taught me.

We all rode home, it was quick and silent and I felt like we all wanted to murder Jasper, but at the same time, I felt sorry for him and wanted to help him.

We entered Arkadia and Abby ran to us, quickly taking a look at his wounds.

"What happened?" Abby asked.

"Ice Nation." Octavia answered.

"Get him to medical," Abby told Jackson.

I followed them.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked him.

"It's not a deep cut."

"That's not what I mean."

He sighed. "Hopefully."

A/N

It took me literally forever to update this and I'm terribly sorry. Also, I know this chapter is not the best and it's short but next will hopefully better. I'm going to try to go back to update regularly but I can't promise anything since I have to study, but this actually helps with the stress. I love you guys so much and I'm so sorry for taking this long. Hope you like it, please comment and vote and, as always, see you next chapter.