Part 10: Meet The Roommates

I would've packed my bags right there and leave for Seoul with Namjoon if it hasn't been for this cold. I spend the next few days in bed, not even able to go to work.

Namjoon keeps bringing me soup and lecturing me about every time I refuse to drink it.

"Who doesn't like soup?"

"You're looking at her," I say pushing the bowl away.

"Your body will recover faster if you give it the right nutrients." He says and I roll my eyes.

I get up, grab the bowl of rice from the microwave, then add a bit of soup to it.

"Happy?"

"If you weren't this cute I'd be annoyed"

"I know." I smile at him.

He kisses my forehead and leaves. He goes back to Seoul for a few days then comes back to stay with me for a few more. We do this for a couple of weeks until I'm completely recovered. Not gonna lie, I recovered a lot sooner than that but somehow I kept delaying going to Seoul with Namjoon until now.

I get a text alert from my phone. He's here.

I rush downstairs to find Namjoon leaning against a black SUV. I told him I could take the train but he insisted on picking me up.

"Ready?" He says taking my duffel bag and opening the back door.

"Sure," I say trying to hide my nerves.

"Oh hello, sir!" I greet the driver, a man in his late twenties or early thirties. He looks at me through the rearview mirror and bows his head.

Namjoon comes through the other door and bangs his head door frame.

"Are you okay?" I lean closer to him.

"Happens every damn time," He says rubbing his forehead. I can't help but laugh.

"You're a danger to yourself, Namjoon!"

"That's why I need you to keep me safe." He smiles and gives me a kiss.

"I'll try my best."

"Are we ready sir?" The driver asks and Namjoon nods. I forgot he was there. I jump back in my seat and fasten my seatbelt.

"Why are you doing? Come back here." Namjoon pats the middle seat. I shake my head and point to the driver. Namjoon leans forward between the driver and the front passenger seat.

"Driver Lee how long before we reach Seoul?"

"With this traffic? Thirty to forty minutes, sir."

"Hmm, can you turn up the music? A little more? Perfect!" Namjoon yells and drags a short curtain from his side to the car all the way to mine.

Where did that come from?

Namjoon sits back and looks at me with a boyishly grin.

"What is that?" I say pointing to the curtain.

"It's for when we have to change in the car and...other things." He says unbuckling my seatbelt.

"You know I can't sit in the middle, I'm too tall." He says practically dragging me to his side.

"Right." I give him an unconvinced look. Namjoon pushes my hair to one side and starts to kiss my neck.

"Joon?" I say pushing away from him which takes a lot of will power.

"Mmhm" He pauses to look at me.

"Not gonna happen with your driver right there," I whisper.

"He can't see us"

"Still, he's right there so no."

Ugh, Eleanor live a little! Don't be a fun-killer.

"Fine" Namjoon sights. "What about just kissing, is that allowed?"

"Yes, only kissing" I barely finish the sentence before his lips are all over mine.

.....................................................................................................................................

The drive to Seoul feels a lot shorter than I expected it.

"That was a fun ride wasn't it?" Namjoon says with a smirk while zipping up his pants. I slap him in the arm.

"Next time, I'm taking the train!"

"Yeah, yeah like you didn't enjoy that."

As much as I'd hate to admit it, he's right. Namjoon keeps pushing him to these things I would never even think of trying and it's the most fun I ever had in a relationship.

"I'll never be able to look at driver Lee in the eyes," I say, smoothing out my hair with my hands.

"He's been driving Bangtan for a while, he's over it." Namjoon gets out of the car leaving me with a thousand questions.

"Care to elaborate on that?" I shout.

"Later, we're late for dinner." He says opening up my door.

We're at a parking garage with rows and rows of luxury cars. It's so bright it's hard to tell we're underground. Namjoon gets my duffel bag from the driver Lee.

"This way," he says taking my hand. We pass a couple of cars then turn around a corner to see the elevator ahead. Namjoon punches a code and the doors open, then enters another code. The doors close and we start going up. The interior of the elevator is covered with mirrors up to the ceiling, classical music coming through the speakers.

I examine myself in the mirror. I straighten my shirt, reapply some of the tinted lip balm I had earlier, and smooth out my hair again.

"How do I look?" I look at Namjoon.

"Beautiful like always," he says touching my cheek.

"I'm so nervous!" I squeeze his hand.

"Don't be, they're pretty chill."

"What if they don't like me?"

"I'm sure they will!"

The elevator opens to a narrow hall ending with a frosted glass sliding door. We walk in and take off our shoes.

"Shoes in the shoe cabinet," Jimin says coming out of nowhere. Seriously, where was he hiding?

"That's exactly where I was going to put them," Namjoon says his rolling eyes.

"I've lived with you long enough to know that's a lie." Jimin smiles at me. "Eleanor, right?"

It takes me a while to respond. My brain is shutting down like it did when I met Namjoon so I'm just there staring at Jimin like an idiot. I forgot he's even more pretty in real life. 

"Is she okay?" He asks Namjoon.

"Just give her a second."

"Oh yes, I'm Eleanor. Sorry!" I say clearing my throat. One awkward introduction down, five more to go.

"This is gonna fun!" Jimin says.

We walk through the sliding door into a massive living room with minimalistic and modern decor. It looks like it came straight out of those architecture magazines. To the right, there is a long dining table. Jungkook and Taehyung are sitting next to each other slouching over a comic book. Hoseok has his back to us, he's playing with his hair while looking down at his phone. Jin and Yoongi are by the kitchen counter trying what I'm assuming is some sort of liquor.

Jin spots us and yells "she has arrived!"

All of them turn to look at me and I can feel the heat rise to my cheeks. My throat feels a little dry.

Remember to breathe and do...not...fangirl