Chapter 16~ Almost Perfect

**Pierces POV**

I was standing just outside the school, leaning against a brick wall. I pulled the pack of cigarettes from my pocket, removing one from the box and placing it between my lips.
Just as I was about to light it, the school doors a couple feet down fly open, Alex steps out, looking around.
I let out a deep breath, and light the cigarette.
Alex hesitates, and then walks up next to me, and leans against the wall like I am.
I take a puff from the cigarette and remove it from my mouth, letting out a cloud of smoke.
Alex and I sit in silence for a few moments until I finally offer you the cigarette in my hands, looking down at her.
She keeps her head down and shakes her head.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked her, which was a dumb question because I knew what she was think about.
I turn my head to her, my hair falls into my eyes so I run a hand through it to push it back.
Alex opens her mouth to speak, but then she doesn't. She turns her body so she's facing me.
"Why do you care?" Alex finally relays.
Her usually stormy gray eyes a darker shade.

Her question should be easy to answer, I shouldnt care. I shouldn't care what she thinks about me, or what she's thinking about when she wrinkles her nose, or even that Nate got to her before I did.
But I do.

"If i'm being honest" I take another drag from the cigarette, and release the cloud of smoke "I don't want to care. I want to be able to look you in the eyes and not give a damn. Alex, I care more than you know. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help myself. I want you to look at me like i'm not a complete disgrace like everyone else does." I let the words slip out of my mouth, but I don't care. I wanted her to know.
She looks a bit taken back, like she hadn't expected it. I'm not surprised.
"Pierce, I- I'm sorry, I didn't know" She brushes her hair out of her face, her cheeks turning the familiar shade of pink.
I let out a low laugh, "How could you? You're with Nate now." I look away from her and at the dewy ground in front of me.
She's silent, "Is that what this's about?" She says slightly above a whisper, a bit of hurt in her voice.
"Alex, you don't know him like I do. Hell, you barely know him." I don't regret my words, they're true.
I take another drag from my cigarette. It's not relaxing me like they usually would.
Alex takes a step closer. "Pierce?"
I avert my eyes from the ground back into the her calming smokey eyes.
"Yeah?" I respond.
Alex reaches her hand up to the side of my face. I turn my body towards her, her intoxicating scent of strawberries and vanilla fill my nostrils. I could drown in her dark hair.
Alex stand on her tip-toes, yet I still tower over her. Our eyes meet, Alex's face does have any emotion, yet I know the waves are crashing in her mind. I place my hand on top of hers, her hands are warm compared to my cold skin.
I could feel the tension between the both of us, it was an iridescent feeling.
I lean down just so our faces are inches apart, I run my thumb across her lips. The lips i've longed for ever since our day at the treehouse.
Just as i'm about connect out lips, Alexandria pulls away.
"I can't. I'm sorry." She whispers before turning and walking back the way she came.
I felt the electricity leave when she did, my lips aches for her. And she left.

**Alexandrias POV**

I was about to kiss him. I was really about to kiss him. Right after he beat up nate? What the fuck am I thinking? I don't care if all of me aches for his touch, I can't do that to Nate. I just can't.

I walk back down the corridor, ignoring the stares and whispers. Lunch was long over, and student were walking back to their classes.
I make it back to my locker, opening it. I try to clear my mind of afternoons scenarios. Although I don't know if i can.
I'm grabbing my things from my locker when Nate walks up beside me. "Hey" he says calmly "I'm sorry for intervening. I know you had it handled." Nate stares at the ground as he apologizes. Why is he the one apologizing? It should be me.
"Nate, you don't have to apologize. It's okay. I'm sorry you got hurt though." I gently place my hand on the side of Nates face, he winces in pain. I retract my hand.
Nate presses his lips to mine softly, and just as quick as he came, he left.
He turned away from me and walked out of the front doors of the school.
**
After school, I met Trixie by her car, she didn't pry on any details. She knew I didn't want to talk about it at the moment.
"I know something that'll take your mind of everything..." She sang in a sing-song tune.
"What is it?" I looked back at her from the passenger seat.
She had a big smile on her face.
"Shopping spree!" She squeals, dancing in her seat. I tried to match her excitement, but she could tell it was farce.
"You know Trixie, if your excited, i'm excited."
I laughed along with her.
I don't know what I did to deserve Trixie, she was everything to me. I don't even know if I would be alive if it weren't for her.

Trixie speeds down the highway, eager to get to the city mall.
When we finally arrive, Trixie wastes no time rushing out of the car and into the mall.
We first head into a small boutique, which I recognized because Trixie had dragged me in here before. Trixie has called it, 'Emotional revival through price tags'.
"Oh my Gods. Alex. You would look so good in this." She squealed. Trixie was holding up a baby blue dress with lace that small roses about the waistline.
"Trixie, I don't wear dresses." I pushed my hair out of my face. Trixie wrinkles up her nose.
"I know, I know. But what about for homecoming?" Trixie relayed.
I had almost forgot about homecoming, I had agreed to go with Nate. I think i'm still going to go.
I smiled at Trixie, "Fine." I gave in.
Trixie danced around in the store for awhile longer, trying on cute little article of clothing while I sat out in the chairs, waiting for her to show me her next outfit.
I was watching out of the windows, or 'people-watching', as one would say.
I spotted a familiar looking person. I squinted my eyes, trying to get a clearer image.
It was Nate.
Sitting in front of the girl with honey-blond hair.

*****
hey guys:D
i hope you liked this one, major drama is happening in the next chapter...
-via<3