reflections

"And... Done!" You cheered as you hung the last of the Christmas lights up on the tree. You were sitting on Hailee's shoulders, the extra height helping you reach the parts of the tree you once couldn't.

Hailee carefully put you back on your feet and wrapped her arms around your waist from behind you as you both stared at the lights on the tree. "It looks gorgeous. You did a great job baby!" Hailee cheered, her arms moving to wrap around your shoulders.

She unwrapped her arms from you and went to grab the box of ornaments on the ground in front of you. She picked it up and turned around, nearly dropping them on the ground when you smiled at her. Hailee stared into your eyes, completely missing every word you said as she watched the colors of the lights reflect in your eyes.

She suddenly put her hand on your neck and pushed your head closer so she could passionately kiss you. You kissed her back, losing yourself in the feeling of her lips on yours. You tangled your hands through her hair and Hailee dropped the box on the ground by your feet as she deepened the kiss and let her other hand travel to your hip.

You had no choice but to pull away from her lips a moment later, way sooner than you wanted to but you had to get some air in your lungs. "Sorry. Just got caught up by the lights reflecting in your eyes." Hailee muttered, kissing you once more before pulling back and reaching for the box of ornaments by your feet.

"Don't be sorry. I liked it." You mumbled and took a few ornaments from the box, going to the back of the tree and hanging some there so you wouldn't miss any spots, while Hailee stood behind you with red and warm cheeks from blushing so hard.