Chapter Eleven

You awoke pretty early. 9:09 am, your alarm clock read.
You sat up in bed and rubbed your eyes, before remembering what happened yesterday. A wave of depression seemed to wash over you like the ocean over a sandcastle. It seemed to knock you over.
You sighed and stood up. You didn't have dinner last night, because of what happened and you returned late last night.
You went downstairs and opened your freezer, before taking a whole tub of ice cream and a spoon.
You sat on the couch and started eating straight from the container, as you turned on your TV and watched the news.
You watched sadly as they repeated the murder, then they went on to explain what had happened with you and Mike. They even included the lie about the bag.
"(F/N) (L/N) and Mike Schmidt entered Freddy Fazbear's Pizza around mid-morning yesterday to retrieve one of (F/N)'s bags she left last time she was there. Upon entering, (F/N) goes to the office to pick up her bag, as Mike turns the animatronics back on and onto free-roaming mode, to see if they still worked. Apparently, the animatronics restrained (F/N) as she went onto the show stage to see where Mike was. They eventually let her go, but once she went over to Mike, they restrained her yet again and started attacking Mike. (F/N) got free from them by using a pocket knife, before taking a hammer to the animatronics. According to (F/N), she would attack any animatronic that went near her or Mike. Once they backed off, she promptly went outside with Mike and called 911. Ambulances and police showed up very shortly, taking both of them to a nearby hospital. Mike is currently in the hospital being treated for severe injuries to his torso and neck, as (F/N) stayed late into visiting hours. Police say that if (F/N) had waited even a fraction of a second before defending Mike, he may not even be alive. The animatronics remain at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, as police keep them there for investigation. We will continue this story at 12. It should be sunny..."
You listened intently while the news lady talked. This story was going to be everywhere by tomorrow, everyone would have heard it.
At parts, they showed pictures. They showed police at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza and taping it off, and they showed the animatronics after you'd attacked them, along with the hammer you used. You'd got them worse than you thought. Freddy obviously had a huge dent in his head, along with quite a few smaller ones on his arms and stomach, Bonnie had many dents in his ears, and the top part if his left ear seemed detached and about to fall off. His bowtie had a huge rip in it. As for Chica, half of her her bib was ripped off, and she had a good sized hole in her right arm, where you'd stabbed her with your pocket knife. You could see some wires inside. She also had many dents in her facial area and stomach as well.
They also showed a picture of you and Mike, smiling at the camera and making peace signs with your fingers, the background was Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. That picture almost made you cry, remembering those days.
The last picture they showed was Mike in the hospital bed, hooked up to the vital signs monitor. His bandages were stained with blood that had seeped through them, and he had an oxygen mask over his nose and mouth. You guess they'd taken that photo the day of the incident.
You were trying very hard not to cry, but ended up doing it anyways.
You finished eating a little more of the tub, 1/4 gone all together, before you put it back up and stuck the spoon in the sink. You bowed your head and cried, holding the necklace he'd given you. It was around your neck, but you still held it.

A while later, you were yet again at the hospital.
You entered the room cautiously after signing in. If Mike was asleep, you didn't want to wake him.
When you pushed open the door, you saw a nurse sitting with him, talking to him.
"Oh, you must be (F/N)," the nurse greeted, standing up. "He's been talking about you non-stop," she smiled. You smiled and blushed a bit, before walking over to him.
"You're lucky," she said as you passed her and winked. You blushed even more. She must think you two are dating.
When she left, you sat in the chair you usually sit in. "Are you feeling any better?" You asked him.
"Actually, yeah. A lot. I can sit up now," he smiled, as you noticed he was sitting up.
"That's great!" you smiled.
"Yeah," he smiled. "Also, did you see the news this morning?"
You nodded. "Yeah, I did," you replied.
He nodded and looked out the window across the room.
"Can you walk yet?" You asked.
"Probably, but the nurse says I should stay here. Oh, she removed my bandages earlier. She said my wounds need to air out. Wanna see?" He laughed a little as he said the last part.
"Sure, why not?" You answered.
He lifted his shirt a little to let you see his main injuries.
You gasped. "Oh my god, I didn't know it was that bad," you said, covering your mouth with your hand. He had many black stitches all over in seemingly random places, as if the animatronics had attempted to rip him open. Then there were many purple and blue bruises around and under the stitches, nearly all over his stomach area and chest.
"Trust me, it was way worse before they'd given me stitches," he laughed a little. "It doesn't hurt too much anymore."
"What about your neck?" You asked cautiously, worriedly.
He looked up a bit to show you. "Not too bad," he said.
He had a dark ring of bruises around it, as if he had been choked.
"Oh my god... Mike, I'm so sorry..." You said, feeling very guilty.
"Hey, it's not your fault. Don't blame yourself," he leaned over and pulled you into a hug.
"I know, but..." You sighed.
A nurse entered the room again. The same one. "Sorry for interrupting," she smiled apologetically as you two pulled apart.
"Mike, I need you to try to stand," she said.
You watched as the nurse helped him get out of the bed to stand up, even though he clearly didn't need the help. He stood up, and the nurse let go of him. "Can you walk over to her?" The nurse pointed at you, and Mike walked over to you with success.
Everyone in the room smiled.
"Great! Do you feel any pain or discomfort?" She asked Mike, who shook his head.
"Alright, that's great! You'll be able to leave for lunch if you like," she smiled at you both.
"Fine with me," you smiled as you stood up next to Mike.
"Well, just return before 2 pm for some numbing medicine, alright?"
Mike nodded. "Of course."
"Well, you're on a good track to recovery! You'll be home in no time!" She left the room smiling.
"Oh, this is amazing!" You said happily to Mike.
"I know! I can finally do this!" He grabbed you in a hug and spun you around, which made you laugh.
"I knew you'd do that some time!" You joked, which made him smile.
You glanced at your watch. "It's already 11:13. Do you want to go get something to eat?" You asked.
"Yeah, but I need to change first. I don't want to wear a hospital gown in public," he smiled.
"Alright, I'll wait outside."
You left the room and waited outside the door, feeling relieved.
After a few minutes, Mike came out. You smiled.
He was wearing grey sweatpants, and a casual short sleeved blue t-shirt.
You smiled. "Where do you wanna go to eat?" You said as you both began walking down the hallway.
"Wherever," he replied. "Thankfully Freddy's is closed, so we don't have to go there," he joked.
"Those animatronics can go to a damn scrapyard for all I care," you said angrily.
"Hey, hey, calm down! We need to try to forget them for now," he smiled, linking arms with you.
"Alright. How about (F/R)?" You said, knowing he knew it was your favourite restaurant.
"Sounds good to me," he smiled.

You two ate at (F/R) for lunch. It was a type of restaurant where you eat outside, which was good because it was a nice cool spring day. They also had televisions outside, turned up to full volume so they were easy to hear.
You sat next to Mike. It was 11:52 pm when you'd both sat down with your food to eat.
"The news should be on soon," you reminded him as you ate. "The news this morning said they'd continue the story at noon."
"Yeah, I know," he replied, glancing up at the TV.
A few moments passed before a newscaster appeared on the screen.
They repeated the entire story you both heard this morning, but at the end, they added a bit more.
"(F/N) worked as the nightshift security guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, as Mike worked as the dayshift security guard at the same place. It is speculated that's that is where they met." She cleared her throat. "Earlier today, we had police, detectives, and investigators go out to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza for investigation. They took the animatronics outside for better light, as you can see here." A picture flashed on the screen of Bonnie, Chica, Freddy and even Foxy lying down outside, with a few repair men around. "They were dismantled for inspection. On the inside of the animatronics, they found dismembered and mangled human corpses, who had presumably been stuffed into the animatronics forcefully." At this part, they very briefly showed pictures of the inside of them. You could barely even tell they were once humans. You gasped at this part, and Mike hugged you. "The murderer had apparently dressed in a Freddy Fazbear costume before luring the five children to the back room before killing them, as seen in security footage. The costume has such a striking resemblance to Freddy Fazbear himself that police once though it was the animatronic himself. But as you can see, we still cannot find the fifth child. They took a suspect into custody before finding him innocent and releasing him. The murderer is still unfound." She paused. "The children have been successfully removed from the inside of the animatronics and have all been given a proper burial. The animatronics have been fully cleansed and returned to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, but the restaurant itself remains closed for the time being. It is estimated that it will remain closed until this case is solved. This story will be told yet again around 5 pm. Stay tuned." Then it went to commercials.
"Oh my god.... It WAS them..." You said. You lost your appetite.
"It's alright, (F/N)," Mike tried to comfort you, but he felt equally as set off as you did.
"I just wish they'd go to a damn scrapyard or someone to burn the fucking building down!" You nearly yelled, furious.
"Calm down, (F/N)!" Mike said. "I feel the same way you do, but there's nothing we can do right now!"
Sadness suddenly replaced your intense anger, and you sat back down along with Mike, before resting your head on the table and crying. "Why?" You whispered.
"Why would they do something like that?"