Chapter Four.

Finn

I can't believe how well things worked out. Not only have I become friends with Avery, but she is incredible, and funny, and beautiful, and caring, and extremely kind. Well, at least what I have seen of her so far.

Since talking to her first hand, I've noticed how humble she is. She thinks no one knows her, yet people watch her as she walks by. I have a feeling that even if she saw those people looking, she would think it was in a negative way when I know it's the complete opposite.

I weirdly got a little excited to find out that she moved here from New York. It means that there is more to learn about her. What her life was back there, why she moved all the way across the country. Like sure, I moved pretty far too, but that was because of hockey. I'm really curious as to what brought her here. Whatever it is, I'm grateful for it.

I slipped my number in her journal, but I'm not sure if she got it or not. I saw her using it in class but she didn't make any remarks about the set of digits when we spoke and I haven't received any messages. I hope she didn't find it too forward. It was kind of a ballsy move.

I'm on my way to my second practice of the day, sweaty and tired. I really haven't spoken to Lindsey since this morning, so I decide to call her in the car.

"I thought you forgot about me." She says as she answers the phone. I laugh lightly, "Never, Lin. I'm addicted to being nagged by you and it's been a full 9 hours since I saw you last."

"Atta boy." She laughs and I can hear a door close on her end. "So, how did it go with Avery? You guys seemed to really be hitting it off this morning."

"She's amazing, Lin." I smile to myself, feeling like I'm living inside of my dreams. "Her and her friend Cam remind me a lot of us."

"I was just going to say that." She pauses and I'm about to speak again but she beats me to it. "I'm going to tell you something, but you have to promise that you won't freak out or make it obvious that you know-"

"What?" I question, getting a little nervous.

"Because I swore I wouldn't tell you but I know that you need to hear it-"

"Lindsey, just say it." I cut her off. She sighs as I pull up to a red light.

"Cam told me when we were walking to class this morning that Avery has a pretty hard core crush on you, already."

My eyes widen and my jaw drops, before my stomach fills with those knots that make me feel sick again. "No fucking way. You're lying."

"I wouldn't joke about this, Finn. I'm not that cruel." She says and I feel my heart race a bit more. The light turns green and I start driving again, so I turn my focus back to the road. "I'm almost at the rink and I have 15 minutes before I need to be inside. Tell me everything he said."

She laughs lightly at my eagerness. "Well, when we were walking, I made a joke about how we were about to be dropped from your lives. He mentioned that she doesn't pick up coffee for just anyone." I smile, pulling into the parking lot of the rink.

I park my car as she continues to talk. "We laughed about a few other things. But then when we got to class he was like, 'Listen, I'm going to tell you something but you have to swear you won't tell Finn because Avery will actually murder me. Avery developed an instant crush on Finn like, the moment they met. You should of seen her face when he DMed her. I haven't seen her light up like that in a long time.' I'm not kidding, Finn. He really said that."

"Holy shit." I shake my head, this is amazing. How is this happening right now? "Holy shit! What did you say?"

She pauses and I groan. "Jesus Christ, Lindsey. What did you do?"