Chapter Five.

Avery

It's Friday, which means it's the day of Finn's game. The game starts at 6, so I'm currently hanging out at Cam's house. Well, freaking out at Cam's house.

Finn gave me the tickets at school today, all while looking far too attractive might I add. It's really kind of rude how good looking he is.

"What time do you think the game will be over?" Cam asks, glancing up from his phone. I shrug, "I'm not sure, I would assume 9. Why?"

He doesn't answer right away, which makes me think it's about Dylan. He told me yesterday that he has a little crush on him, but I didn't pry after that. He'll tell me when he's ready. I do have a tick though, and that tick is being an annoying best friend.

"You know, if you are going out with Dylan, you can tell me." He glares at me, so I put my hands up in surrender. "I'm jus' saying, man."

"Fine. He asked me if I wanted to see a movie later tonight, but I don't want to leave you." He admits, locking his phone.

I scoff, "Please. I'll probably just want to go to sleep after the game anyway."

He still looks hesitant but I really don't mind. "Seriously, Cam. It's alright."

"Alright." He eyes me, scanning my face to see if I'm lying. "If you're sure."

"I'm positive." I assure him. The doubtful look that covered his face is quickly switched back to the smirk he gives me far too often. "Have you spoken to Finn today?"

"Maybe." I find myself blushing, which is something that I really need to get a handle on. I really hope Finn doesn't notice how much I do. I just can't help it around him.

"About what?" He digs, which makes me shake my head. "About how in love with you he is?"

"Alright, relax." I laugh lightly, "He has known about me for maybe a week."

"Well.." He trails off, which makes me raise my eyebrows. "What, Cam?"

"Lindsey and I were talking about you guys.."

"What the fuck did you do, Cam?" I groan, already knowing he said something he wasn't supposed too. I swear to God, if he threw me under the bus..

"Well, she told me that Finn saw you in class a few weeks ago and wanted to get to know you. She said he was really nervous about going up to you and when he saw you fall on the ice in the parking lot, he couldn't resist."

"You're fucking lying." I gasp, my hand coming to my mouth. There is no way Finn Wilder has been watching me from afar for the past few weeks. There's no way he has any attraction towards me at all. I mean, have you see the guy?

"Why would I lie about this, Avery?" He asks.

"What did you say?" I respond with another question. He just grins at me. "Cam. What did you do?"

"I may have told her that you have a little crush on Finn?"

"Cameron!" I shout, falling back on his bed. I bet Finn is definitely regretting giving me those tickets now. "Why would you do that?"

"Because it's obvious he likes you! I thought that if I told his best friend that maybe she would convince him to talk to you more. I told her not to tell him!"

"Do you really think she wouldn't?! You're telling me what he said, aren't you!?"

He goes quiet. "Well, yeah, but-"

"She totally told him! I can't go tonight-"

"Oh, shut up, Avery." He groans, rolling his eyes. I don't know why he's groaning, though. I'm not the one who told his crush's best friend that he likes him. "Why can't you just accept that someone likes you?"