Chapter Fourteen.

Finn

"What do you mean, Lindsey?" I groan, my forehead pressed to the carpet in Jacks living room as I lay on his floor.

"I mean, James and Avery went on a coffee date. Or at least they went to get coffee alone. It probably wasn't a date, I'm just dramatic." Her voice rings from my phone thats next to me that's on speaker.

"I'm upset," I sigh, not moving.

"It wasn't a date," she repeats. "They're friends. She's allowed to go out with her friends."

"I know. That's not what I'm upset about," I groan. "I'm upset she didn't think she could tell me."

"Finn, you've told her that you didn't like him," She says, I roll my eyes. "Yeah, but like, as a joke."

"Were you joking, though?"

I stay silent, rolling on my back. Fuck. This is my fault.

"You sure Maureen wasn't there?"

"I don't know who that is, but it was just the two of them." She confirms and I die a little on the inside. And no, I'm not being dramatic.

"Listen, Finn. I don't think it's a big deal that they went out. I think you should talk to her and let her know that you don't care who's she's friends with."

"I never want her to think that she can't be friends with someone cause of me," I sigh deeply. "That's the last thing I want."

"So tell her that! You can talk to her, you know. That's a thing people in relationships usually do."

"Shut up." I roll my eyes.

I'm about to speak again when I hear Jack throwing up in the bathroom. Fucking hell.

"Hey, I gotta run. I'll talk to you later."

"Alright," she says. "Let me know what happens."

"Will do," I say, before saying bye and hanging up. I get up quickly, shoving my phone in my back pocket and opening his bathroom door.

He's leaned over the toilet, throwing up more than I have ever seen someone throw up. Gross.

I sigh, feeling really bad. If I didn't take all of his steroids, this wouldn't be happening. He would be laughing at me freaking over something so stupid like Avery going out with her friend, not throwing his guts up. I know that it's for his own good, but it honestly isn't helping that this is the worst state I have ever seen him in.

I sigh, sitting down on the floor next to the toilet. He continues to vomit his guts up. I lean my head against my wall and watch, waiting for him to finish. He eventually stops throwing up and picks his head up, looking at me slightly over the bowl. He glares at me when I give him a big cheesy smile in attempts to get him to laugh a bit.

He rolls his eyes, slinking over to the other side of the toilet. I hear the thud of his head against the wall, but I can't see him because the basin is in the way. I just hear him groan.

I dig into my pocket and pull out a case of mints, holding them over the toilet for him. I hear him scoff before the tin is lifted out of my hand, which makes me smile.

"I'm keeping them," He grumbles, causing me to laugh lightly. "Anything you want me to do?"

"Distract me," He groans. I peak over the toilet and see him with his head in his hands. "Please."

"Well," I start, "Aves went on a coffee date with heartthrob, so that's obviously very serious and life altering."

He lets out a single light laugh, keeping his head in his hands. I continue to ramble about anything that pops in my mind, really just trying to make sure there's no silence. He doesn't say anything. He just sits and listens and tries not to throw up everywhere.