Chapter Eighteen.

Finn

"Dude, I didn't know you had a girlfriend," Colin comes up behind me, swinging his arm around my shoulder. He's shorter than I am so he has to go on his toes to even attempt to do it.

I roll my eyes, knowing that I told him I was talking to someone when he informed me of Sophie's crush. I've only fallen for Aves more since then, which at the time I wouldn't of even thought possible. All I want is to be with her all the time. Including right now. I wonder if she's by her locker.

I don't answer but it's not like he was going to wait for one before he started talking some more. "I saw the picture you posted on Instagram of you guys. Does she go here? What's her name?"

I posted a photo of Aves and I yesterday from the dinner a few weeks back. Casey took it towards the end of the night and I won't lie, I look at it pretty much everyday. It's a photo of us hugging, my arms folded around her neck and her hands gripping my biceps. We're not pressed up against each other, so she's looking up at me and I'm laughing at something one of my team mates had said. I hate the fact that this was after everything she went through with Jack, but I love the picture regardless. She makes me so happy.

"Yes, she goes here," I shake him off of me and out of my little day dream. "Her names Avery."

"Never heard of her." He shrugs. I shake my head, knowing that the only people he pays attention to are cheerleaders and girls alike. Not that there is anything wrong with those girls, but they're just not Avery. No one is Avery.

"Hey, Sophie's going to our next game." He nudges me, "You should give it a shot."

I stop short, giving him a blank stare. "You're kidding, eh?"

"No, eh," he mocks me. "You're seriously not going to go after it?"

"No!" I scoff, dumbfounded. "Absolutely not. Did you hit your head in the last 30 seconds? Did you forget the conversation we just had about my girlfriend? Avery? Posted about her yesterday? Ring a bell?"

"She doesn't have to know!" He exclaims. I scoff at him again. He can fuck right off. "Dude, you're a legend here and you're not going to take advantage of it?"

I wave him off, starting to walk away. He doesn't let it go though, jogging to keep up with me. I sigh deeply as he punches my arm. "Oh, come on, Finn. She isn't one of us, she won't even be surprised-"

"Dude, fuck off! I'm not going to cheat on my girlfriend." I'm starting to get angry. I would have to be the dumbest person alive to even think about doing that. "And I'm not one of you. I'm not a student athlete. I play hockey as a living, not to get girls. I'm nothing like you."

I see Lindsey down the hall so I walk towards her quickly, trying to get out of my conversation with Colin. What a fucking tool. How could someone try so hard to get their friend to cheat on their girlfriend? Actually, I definitely would not call Colin a friend.

I catch up with her, shaking my head to rid my annoyance. She looks up at me. "Hey! You're the talk of the school, my friend."

"Tell me something I don't know," I sigh. I always hear people talking about me, thinking I'm one thing all because of the hockey team I'm on. People telling other people that we're friends just so they can one up someone else. It doesn't make sense to me. I never know who actually wants to talk to me and who just wants the clout that is somehow attached to it.

"Not the usual though." She adjusts the books in her arms. "Everyone is talking about you and Avery."

"Why?" I'm so confused. "I don't get it."