Vikklan- It's Just A Headache

Lachlan's P.O.V.

I had had a wicked headache all morning, pounding behind my temples to the point where I couldn't even open my eyes without immense pain. And the worst thing was, I had a 12 hour flight to London and I had to leave for the airport in 30 minutes to make it on time- but I still felt like shit. Vikk had called me to check up on me, a skype call just before he went into a recording session.

"Hey Lachy!" He said with a smile, but that quickly faded into a frown when I winced, squinted and looked away from the screen. "What's up? Are you sick?"

"Just a headache." I sighed, rubbing my temples and forehead. "I'll be alright."

"Are you sure? I can rebook your flight if you need..."

"No, no, no! I'm fine Vikk! It's just a headache, I promise." I mumbled, desperate to panic him. I might have been feeling like shit but I wasn't about to miss out on going to go and see him simply because I had a headache.

"Your promises really don't have any meaning Lachy, not since you said you were fine and then ended up in the hospital with appendicitis." I giggled a little at that memory- he had come down to Australia and for two days I had pretended I was fine until Mitch and Vikk had forced me to go to the ER, where I was rushed into surgery. Yeah, I could see why he didn't exactly trust me.

"Okay, I get it, but I'm still fine." I laughed, trying to hide my wince. "I need to go Vikk, I need to get to the airport and I haven't even packed yet!"

"Alright, alright. I'll let you get to it." He grinned. "Text me when you land? I'll come and pick you up."

"Thanks Vikk." I smiled. "I'll see you then."

----------------------------------------------

For the entire flight I essentially dosed myself on Panadol and some of my sleeping pills once I was seated, and I slept. I slept the entire 12 hour flight despite being in business class, I just slept, ignoring the fancier food and wide selection of entertainment to just pass out.

I thought it might help, it might get rid of the headache- but no. The flight attendant woke me up with 15 minutes of the flight left and I felt like shit. My head pounded, nausea rolled over me in waves and I could barely keep my eyes open and that was the moment I knew I was really ill. I mean, I couldn't exactly turn back down so I just sat back, desperately hoping I wouldn't be sick.

Somehow I managed to fight through everything, getting off the plane, texting Vikk, grabbing my bags and then, finally, watching for Vikk to pick me up. The effects of the sleeping pills were honestly still being felt because I almost fell asleep in that seat, at least until Vikk tapped on my shoulder.

"Wakey wakey Lachy." Vikk whispered, giggling a bit. I looked up, blinking slowly.

"Oh. Hey Vikk." I mumbled and his look immediately shifted to one of concern.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine I think, still working off the sleeping pills. I slept the entire flight." I breathed.

"So you are sick?"

"Yeah." I sighed. "I am."

"Okay. Let's get you home and into bed before you pass out again, sleep it off." He paused. "Josh's in the car by the way, I had to take him to the supermarket before I came and picked you up, his car's in the shop."

I half didn't hear him, barely acknowledging him. I stumbled as I stood but Vikk's arm was right there, latching around my waist. I also didn't acknowledge Josh that much, falling into the backseat and closing my eyes, the sleeping pills taking over me again and I passed out until we pulled up in front of the Sidemen house.

---------------------------------------------------

Josh shook me awake when we arrived, stirring me from my fitful sleep. He kept his arm on mine as he walked me, my bags and several bags of groceries just in case I kneeled over and I was glad for it because I did feel like I could hardly walk- the stairs just inside the front door looked menacing. Vikk smiled at me and took my bag from Josh, leaving him with the groceries.

"Let's get you into bed Lachy, sleep it off." He said, dragging my bag with one hand and holding me up the other. "You're in the room right next to mine and I'll be editing most of the night, just come in if you need anything."

"Thanks Vikk." I whispered as I collapsed onto the bed, already wanting to just pass out for another 12 hours.

"How strong we those sleeping pills?" He giggled a little as he helped me pull my sweatshirt over my head.

"Pretty strong." I mumbled, yawning. "I had a couple more during the flight."

"Okay, sleep them off too. Sleep off the headache and the sickness and the pills." He pulled the blankets up to my chin and I gave him a tired smile, already slipping into sleep. "I'll see you when you wake up."

---------------------------------------------------

I knew the second I woke up that I was completely fucked- I barely made it to the bathroom. Vikk came up behind me and rubbed my shoulder, pulling my hair off my sweaty forehead and then helping me sip water from a glass when I stopped heaving and noticed how badly the headache had come back. My head was pounding and it almost made me sick again.

"Do you want some paracetamol? Simon's got some in his room." I nodded breathlessly, groaning. I couldn't even form words without wanting to be sick. "Guess it wasn't just a headache, huh..."

"No..."

He came back a couple of minutes later with some painkillers, which I swallowed at once. It would take a while for them to kick in but I didn't know what I would do until then because I wouldn't be able sleep, everything hurt to much to even think.

"Do you want to come into my room? I'm done editing so it'll be really quiet and it's more soundproof than your room." I nodded, thankful for his steady hands that guided me to his room without even having to open my eyes- I curled up on his bed, tucked under the covers in a little ball, and Vikk slid in beside me- my first actual movement was to rest my head on his chest, close my eyes and pray that I would feel better.

Vikk pressed a kiss to my forehead, running his hand through my hair.

"I hope you feel better later Lachy." He whispered. "But I'm glad you're here."

I only smiled. It was all I could really do.