Chapter 5

(Jackson Above)

I wake up to the same sound as before, my brother banging a metal pole against the doorway.

I look over at him to find him staring at me. I keep eye contact for a second before turning away and putting the blanket over my head. Waiting for him to leave before getting up.

I don't hear his footsteps approaching so when he grabs my blanket and throws it off of me he surprised me.

"Get out of bed now." Is all he says before he turned around and walked out of the room. Leaving me in shock.

I feel my blanket suddenly get wrapped around me and I turn around to see Asher standing there .

He just give me a nod and smile and I do the same before getting up and finding what clothes I wanted to wear.

Finding a pear of leggings and one of the baggy shirts I had gotten the day before I go to the bathroom to get ready.

Once we're both ready we make our way to the cafeteria for some breakfast. Once there we get in line where I grab a coffee and two banana nut muffins and Asher gets juice and eggs and a bunch of other stuff.

Once his plates loaded up we go to our usual table.

We're about halfway through our food when Jackson and Amira drop into the seats across from us.

"Hey guys" Amira told us with a smile.

I don't understand how someone could be so cheery so early but I guess some people like the mornings.

I gave a single nod before continuing to eat.

"So I heard that we were going to fight today after we practice more from a member who got in last year, apparently initiation is the same each year."

I zone out and all I could think when she said this was how I would fare with my back being the way it was. It was an easy target to anyone who remembered the blood.

I finish my food and coffee while still in my head and when I look up I see Amira and Jackson talking about who they would want to fight against.

I look to Asher and see him finishing his breakfast.

"Let's go to the training room" he says as he gets up with both his tray in hand. He grabs my hand with his free one and we leave the cafeteria.

We pass members on our way to the room but they pay us no mind since to them we aren't anybody until we become official members.

When we walk through the doors there's a few people waiting, Tobias was already there clearing up some equipment but Eric wasn't yet.

I look over at him and since there wasn't anyone over there I decide to go and see if he was going to say anything to me or not.

Still holding Ashers hand I make my way over to him and when I get to him I say nothing and just stand in front of him.

Asher just goes along with me and says nothing waiting to see what happens. After a minute he lets go of my hand to stand behind me and wrap his arms around my shoulders.

Surprisingly this is what gets a reaction out of him. I see Tobias hands clench around what he had been holding for a moment, so quick I almost missed it, before he relaxes and turns towards us.

"Is there something you needed initiates?" He asks looking at us, or more specifically me.

I don't say anything but give him a look that says 'you tell me'. I wait to see if he was going to acknowledge me as his sister in any way but he doesn't.