Found

"Yebin ah!" Taehyung popped his head into the room & cheerily called her.
"Ajusshiii!" Yebin ran to him & buried herself in his embrace.
"Look what I got you today. Katsudon!" He dangled the plastic bag in front of her face.
"Yeayy!! Gomawoyo (thank you) ajusshi." Her ear-to-ear grin warmed his heart & he couldn't help but smile as well.
His lips lifted even higher when he saw her wearing hairpin he bought her.
"Is that the hairpin you found on the street back then?" He asked as he sat down on the little dining chair & opened up the takeout box for her.
"Yes! You still remember? Woahh, this looks so delicous! Can I eat now?" Her eyes widened in excitement looking at the extravagant lunch he brought her.
"Sure, go ahead." He chuckled.
He rested his chin on his palm while staring at her wolfing down the food. At this point, he didn't care anymore whose child she was. He had been completely smitten by this cute & smart little girl. He loved her for who she was, not because she was your daughter.
"Ajusshi, aren't you eating?" Yebin said through a mouthful of rice.
"No, I've eaten already. Thank you."
"Is it ok for you to have lunch with me everyday like this? Don't you have to work?" She looked up at him with her big round eyes.
"Uhmm.. My job doesn't require me to stay in the office all day, so I have a lot of free time."
His attention was divided when a staff from the preschool approached the table.
"Sajang-" The lady began to say but he quickly stopped her by putting his forefinger on his lips.
"Yebin ah, I need to go out for a while. You eat first ok? I'll come back as soon as I'm done." He rose from his seat & ruffled her soft fluffy hair.
He could feel her curious stare on his back, so he quietly signaled the staff to follow him out of the room.
"Don't ever call me sajangnim in front of the students again, understand? What do you need?" His voice & expression became stern in an instant.
"My apologies sajangnim. I won't repeat the same mistake again. I need to talk to you about Kim Yebin's tuition fee. As you instructed, we've only charged her 10% of the actual fee for last month. What about this month?"
"Just continue doing it until I tell you to stop. Is that it?" Taehyung anxiously glanced through the window at Yebin's back.
"Sajangnim, if I may ask, what's your relationsh-" The staff's curiosity got the best of her.
"No, you may not because it's none of your business." Taehyung threw a mean glance at her as she frantically bowed in apology.
"Ajusshi, what's wrong?" Yebin turned towards him when he reentered the room.
"Nothing important. Have you finished your lunch?" Smiling, he sat back down across her.
"Yes. Ajusshi.. can I ask you something?" She was obviously nervous, looking down & tugging at the hem of her skirt.
"Of course. What do you want to ask?"
"Are you married?"
He almost choked on his own saliva when he heard her question.
"Ehm.. No. Well, not anymore."
"Really? That's good then." She breathed a sigh of relief.
"Why do you ask?" Giggling, Taehyung pinched her cheek. He expected Yebin to say something like he wanted to marry him when she grew up.
"Nothing. Anw, tomorrow's parents day. Eomma promised that she was going to come to see me perform. Would you like to come too & meet her?"
Taehyung's heart dropped at the mention of you. He wasn't ready yet to meet you face to face. What if you'd run away again after you knew that he'd been talking to Yebin? He'd forgotten the consequences of approaching Yebin behind your back.
"Yebin ah.. I don't think your eomma would like to meet me." A sad smile appeared on his lips.
"Why? I think eomma would like you. You're nice & handsome." Her candidness made him chuckle.
"Thank you, but maybe another time. I'll introduce myself to her one day."
"Ok then.." The disappointment on her face made him feel guilty.
"Yebin ah.. how about this? If you do well on your performance tomorrow, I'll take you & your eomma to dinner." He just said it to appease Yebin without really thinking it through.
"Yeay! I promise you I'll do well tomorrow." She jumped off her seat & gave Taehyung a hug.
Arghh, I don't know anymore. I'll think about what to do later.
—•—
The following day, Taehyung didn't go to Yebin's school, but his mind kept wandering off to her.
Finally, he couldn't stand it anymore & called the preschool.
"Good afternoon, this is Mirae preschool. How can I help you?" The lady on the other end of the line said.
"This is Kim Taehyung. May I speak to student Kim Yebin's home teacher?"
"Ah sajangnim, I think they're in the middle of parents day performance right now. May I deliver your message?"
"Just go & see if Kim Yebin is doing ok." He sighed.
"Nee sajangnim. Please wait a moment." The staff put him on call waiting tone & the monotonous melody was driving him mad. He just wanted to know whether Yebin was fine.
After what seemed like forever, the staff spoke on the phone.
"Sajangnim, I'm sorry but Kim Yebin is crying & refuses to perform because it seems like her mother can't make it here today."
"What?" Shit, Y/n, can't you take a good care of your only child?
"Tell the teacher to postpone her performance. I'll be there in 20 minutes." He hastily hung up the phone & grabbed his jacket.
"Sajangnim, where are you going? You have a meeting in 5 minutes?" Seeing him running out the door, his secretary asked him in surprise.
"Cancel it. Tell them something urgent has come up." He ran all the way to the lobby & quickly got on his car.
"Mirae preschool. Make it fast."
-•-
He jumped off the car as soon as the car stopped in front of the preschool.
"Sajangnim-" The lady who picked up his call earlier stood up from her seat to tell him something, but he ignored her & rushed straight towards the performance hall.
He barged through the double doors, causing a few heads to turn his way. He looked at the stage. Yebin's class was performing & she was standing in the middle singing with a huge smile on her face.
Feeling relieved, he exhaled heavily & leaned his back on the wall behind him.
"Kim Taehyung?" A familiar voice calling his name made him turn to the side.