~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓲𝓻𝓽𝔂-𝓝𝓲𝓷𝓮 ~

Chapter Thirty-Nine: A Hundred And Fifty Points

Ten weeks before exams Lina sat at the Hufflepuff table during breakfast, she had a letter from Professor McGonagall and her book on wandless magic in front of her, Cedric was next to her reading the daily profit and Danny opposite him eating brea...

Ten weeks before exams Lina sat at the Hufflepuff table during breakfast, she had a letter from Professor McGonagall and her book on wandless magic in front of her, Cedric was next to her reading the daily profit and Danny opposite him eating breakfast.

"Have you guys seen the house points hourglass?" Lucy asked once she eventually joined the three for breakfast.

"No, why?" Cedric asked putting the paper down.

"Gryffindor have lost a hundred and fifty points, their bottom of the league."

"How did that happen?" Lina asked.

"Honestly how have you three not heard it's all anyone's talking about."

"Maybe because we wake up early and get to breakfast before the daily gossip starts," Danny said.

Lucy rolled her eyes "it was Harry Potter and some other first years they were caught out of bed last night."

Lina knew what they had done, Charlie had written to her only two days ago explaining what they were up to "they were caught out of bed and lost a hundred and fifty points, in one night. I'm a little bit impressed" Lina said, the other three looked at her surprised "I said a little."

"Hold on a sec" Danny did some quick calculations "Slytherin is leading now aren't they."

"Yep, it's bullshit!" Lucy exclaimed.

"What in specific?" Cedric asked amused.

"The fact that there is no way anyone but Slytherin is going to win the house cup and that those stupid first years were out of bed in the first place."

"Yes because they are the first-ever students to be caught out of bed," Danny said.

"But has it ever cost anyone a hundred and fifty points" no one answered "exactly. They screwed up big time."

"Lucy happy as ever," Cedric said.

Lina smiled and continued to read her book, her eyes flickered from the book to the letter every other minute "what are you doing?" Lucy asked Lina.

"Professor McGonagall gave me this letter" Lina handed the letter over "in addition to the normal exams I also have to do an exam for my wandless magic class."

"Shit."

"Yeah. The next ten weeks of my life are looking like they're going to be spent in the library."

"That's why you have us, we'll balance you out so you don't become a stress head," Danny said.

"That's way easier said than done," Cedric said just as the bell rang.

Through the day Lina kept an eye out for Harry, she knew everyone was giving him a hard time and she wanted to make sure he was coping alright but it wasn't until after dinner that she finally saw him, Ron and Hermione. "I'll catch you guys up," Lina told her friends and ran over to the first years "so how hellish has it been today?" She asked.

"I'm Hogwarts most hated" Harry answered miserably.

"Oh yeah I've been there, it'll pass don't worry something bigger will come along and all this will be old news. I'm just happy you were found without the....package."

"You know about Norbert!" Ron asked.

"Awwwww that's a cute name for a you know, was he cute?"

"Off-topic Lee."

"Right sorry, Charlie wrote to me and told me what was going on, I'm impressed you got Norbert out without getting caught."

"Thanks" Harry and Hermione mumbled.

"I know right now that it seems like nothing is going to go right and no one will ever speak to you again but it'll get better trust me. See you guys later."

***

The exams were just as hard as Lina thought they'd be.

On Monday Lina had charms where she had got perform the muffliato, freezing and banishing Charm on a parrot. After she had transfiguration, she had to transfigure her desk into a dog and back again.

Tuesday she had potions, she thankfully brew her pepperup potion correctly. Next was history of magic, in the sweltering year of the great hall she had to write a detailed essay on medieval witch hunts. The last one of the day was muggle studies, back on the hall she had to write an essay on the effects of muggles on the wizarding community.

Wednesday started off with Arithmancy, the one after wandless magic she was dreading the most, she answered the questions as best as she could and preyed to Merlin it was enough. Care of magical creatures was a theory one, she had to explain the benefits of unicorns. In herbology, she had to use magic to grow plants faster to a certain height.

Everyone had finished their exams, students were outside bathing in the sun, but Lina still had one more exam to do. The wandless magic exam, it was the most difficult one by far. Lina under the watchful eye of Professor McGonagall performed some of the most difficult spells she had learnt with full concentration.

But finally, she finished the exam and was released outside to join her friends.

"I am so glad that that's done," Lina said collapsing down on the grass next to Cedric.

"How'd your last exam go?" Cedric asked.

"I'm really hoping I passed."

"Oh you definitely will as long as you remembered to keep control," Lucy said.

"I'm pretty sure I did" Lina started to run the exam through her head, every little thing she did.

"Lina you are incredible at wandless magic, better than any other student who can do it, but you've done the exam so relax and enjoy the weather alright," Danny said.

"Alright" Lina closed her eyes and enjoyed the sun on her face, she loved winter but she had to admit they the sun was nice.

"Does anyone want to play a game of exploding snap?" Danny asked.

That was how the four spent the rest of the day, in the heat playing games and having fun completely unaware of what the golden trio was going to do that night.