Tiger, Tiger: Chapter 11

Well hello there my awfully loyal fans ;D You make me so happy :P

This is a super early upload for me, bearing in mind I upload on Fridays, but I had written and finished it surprisingly early. So to keep you entertained and off my tail until Friday when I'll go back to normal, here it is....

.....enjoy :) xx

.............................................................................................................................

The most powerful shock I had ever been given coursed through my body, lighting my nerves on fire. It felt like someone was kicking and punching me, over and over again. A raw, half-animal-half-human scream escaped my lips. My claws scraped across the tile floor as I tried to grab onto something, anything, that would stop the pain. My vision kept blurring and flickering as my brain blanked.

As quickly as the tremendous pain had come, it was gone. My muscles slacked.

“Now,” he commanded sternly, “Do as I say and shift.”

I had no control over my body at all. Nothing seemed connected. I couldn’t force my fuzzy brain to let him know that I’d given in and I’d do as he wanted. I wasn’t strong enough to hold out against pain like this. Another shock jolted through me and I screamed again, curling up into a ball. Please make it stop, I whispered to myself. My veins were burning. Everything was burning. Pain everywhere.

“Stop! Stop doing that!” a male voice shouted through the fuzz. Sole’s son? I couldn’t even tell.

“I will when she learns her lesson,” the scientist replied in far too calm a tone for what he was doing to me.

Another voice joined in. “You’re going to kill her! She can’t possibly reply with her mind when you’re disabling her brain like that!”

The shock ended and my body collapsed into a limp heap on the floor. I focused my whole being on sending him several words through the haze, desperate to stop the pain from coursing through me once again.

‘I’ll – I’ll do it,’ I forced out, before letting my heavy eyes fall closed and my head to loll on my paws. My muscles felt like wet tissue, all floppy and squishy. There was no way I could push myself onto my feet.

“You will learn to follow orders first time in the future. Get her a uniform,” he shouted through the glass to another of the scientists. I could sense that he remained in front of me though, towering over me.

As I managed to peel open my eyes and look behind the scientist I noticed Sally, hands pressed up against the glass watching me, eyes full of fear. Both she and Camille were standing now, Camille pressing her face into the fabric of her mother’s white shirt. Would those scrub like clothes be my uniform?

Quick steps echoed through the silent room as a small woman returned, white folded fabric in hand. She gingerly opened the door to my cube and passed the material to the blond man. He thanked her with a nod, before chucking the pile down beside my head. It stung my sensitive nose with the harsh scent of disinfectant. They smelt as if they’d been worn and then washed repeatedly.

The blond scientist took my silence as acceptance and nodded, seemingly very happy with himself for taming me, then turned and stepped out of my cube. “Now that’s over, the collar has been programmed to allow you one shift, which will be to human form. For everyone the walls will black out in precisely thirty seconds and you will be allowed two minutes to change,” he commanded.

As he spoke I finally felt some life returning to my limbs. Tentatively, I pushed myself up and onto my sore feet. I felt all bruised, like someone had been physically kicking me whilst I was down. With a groan I looked up to meet the worried gaze of Sole’s son, when the glass suddenly blacked over his face as if he was the image on a television screen flickering off. I jumped back in shock and hit the wall behind me. It too had become black. My two minutes had begun.