Chapter 28 - A moment in time

Standing in front of a wide sofa, a girl could be seen. Her dark locks pinned back by a beautiful braid. Her school uniform announcing she had no age to stand in such an important office. Her posture, however, telling you otherwise. In both her hands she held tight yet lightly on two delicate teacups, the hand-painted pattern incongruent with the strong coffee aroma exuding from it. Although her feet stood bare, her face which scream young and her quiet ways, the girl didn't deem her light in the room. Even in front of such important people.

Sitting in front of her stood an old man, strong polish features, six figures tailored suit, perfectly polished Italian leather shoes, and a neat look. Grabbing the coffee cup, the man relaxed, pulling it close to his nostrils, he inhaled the strong scent as he threw his shoes far away in the big office and carefully loosened his handmade tie.

"This smell. Ah." He said in a pleasant sight. "I'm going to miss it a lot once you leave me."

Sitting down next to the old man, Luna drank a bit of her own coffee. Extra strong, just like the man in front of her liked. Personally, it was not her favorite taste, yet, since the man adored it, she didn't have the heart to tell him the truth.

"Are you going to close it?" She asked, looking at the paperwork in front of her.

Taking a small sip of his coffee, allowing the liquid to dissolve in his mouth. The man peeked through the corner of his eyes at his protégée analyzing such important documents.

"What do you think I'm going to do? What would you do?" He asked, his voice calm and peaceful.

Without skipping a beat, Luna stared at the man, her look very similar to the elder.

"I wouldn't. Although Seans' is a household name, ever since Bean Seans has gotten himself involved with politics, the public view of them has not been the greatest. Their stocks are falling by the minute. They are way too extremists and closing a contract with them would be way too much of a gamble. Especially since Bean is a very open homophobic. You cannot forget that Nitti's are firm supporters of the LGBT movement. Moreover, they are currently our top priority. Other than that the proposal pends way too much to their side. So agreeing would just be a lose-lose situation. But that's just my opinion."

Taking another sip of the coffee, the elder left a little smile to leave his mouth.

"Nana. Put on some slippers, you are going to get sick." He said, as his secretary quickly brought one, placing them in front of the 17-year-old's feet.

Smiling largely, Luna knew exactly what he meant with that. Being the rumored evil devilish man he was, pleasant words were not something you could easily get from him. In addition, an appraisal was not something he regularly did. So normally, acts such as those could be the equivalent of an "I love you" in common sense.

Smiling as if she had just won the world, the girl stared at her feet.

"Sing something, I need to refresh my ears before the next meeting. My ears have become polluted after all those old men blabbing."

Staring at her wristwatch, Luna gave a bit of a slight frown.

"I can only sing one today. "

Lifting his eyebrow, the man stared at his granddaughter.

"What is it that's more important than work?"

Flushing a bit, Luna was at a loss of words. Work had ended a meeting ago. She clearly knew that after this was only the old man poker her grandfather called a meeting. On top of that, not in a million worlds would those old tycoons allow a teenager into their table.

"It's Lucifer's birthday tomorrow. I have to get him his birthday gift." Flushing a bit, Luna trie to keep her voice stable, she knew the territory she was entering.

"Why do you have to do that? Willian find something for that little rascal. Kids these days." He sneered.

"I will stay for two songs. You also have your poker game."

Reluctant he gave in. Closing his eyes to the melodic tune. As a tear slowly fell through his thin skin, he stared at the girl in front of him.

"Nana." He said making her stop. "I have always said you are the only one I find qualified to take after me, didn't I?"

"No." She denied, her eyebrow lifted. "You have always said that after you're gone, the company and the profit will be donated to charity because we are useless."

Giving a large smile the man shook his head.

"Nonsense, kids these days." He cleaned his throat before proceeding. "Don't play dumb with me. Have you seen any of my other grandchildren inside this office?"

Shaking her head, Luna denied. After a bit of silence, Luna soon went to hug the old man.

"Thank you, thank you. You will not be disappointed." She said, tears streaming down her face.

"You deserved it. But don't get too high up your horse just yet. If I see you slacking, the company will go directly to the charity. You hear me?"

Shaking her head, she agreed to it. Stopping a bit and giving her sarcastic smile, the same the old man always sported.

"If that happens, I will just build a bigger one."

Seeing the old man's face turn red, Luna was quick to grab her purse.

"Bye William, By gramps, Love you." She said, leaving the room fast enough so the man could not protest to it.

"See William, you give them everything and they turn out like this." He shouted, loud enough so the girl could hear it, however, his sarcastic smile still there.

"Sir, the doctor arrived, should I send him to your office?" William announced.

Only giving a slight nod, the man took a deep breath.

"Send him in."