06: Spit it out

A/N: rewritten due to changes in writing style

The baby crib had been long forgotten as soon as Hani started talking. As the words were pouring out of her mouth, Lily's attention only fell on her. Hani told her everything that had happened. From meeting him, to the way he was around her, to the conversations and the little rendezvous they shared under the starry sky, to the kiss, even their partings. Hani even spoke about the things she had felt, the way her body reacted to him and whispered things to her devotedly in love heart. She wanted Lily to comprehend, to understand her, to see Jungkook through her eyes.

"He is your mate, Hani. There is no doubt about that. If that's what your heart tells you, if that's how your body feels... then he's the one" Lily was speechless at everything her friend had told her, amazed at the things she had shared. "And, honestly, Hani, I have heard many stories of people meeting their mate for the first time. The things they felt, what was going through their mind... Yet, none of them described the connection like you did. I don't know if it's just your words, Hani, but you guys sound different... unique from the rest. I don't know how to explain it, I don't even know if it makes any sense... but, you feel the bond really intensively."

Hani's mind was taken back to the night before. When Jungkook told her that they were different from the rest, although neither of them really knew what distinguished them from the others. They couldn't really point out what it was that made them feel the bond more intensively. What consequences did a bound like that even have? Can a bond like theirs even exist? Or were they simply turning a small spark into an explosion?

"I'm sorry for doubting you, Hani" Lily's hands grabbed hers, stealing the girl's attention away from her thoughts. "He seems like a nice guy. And, if he is your mate, then, he must definitely be just as special as you. The moon goddess wouldn't give you someone underserving of you, I'm sure. Still, please be careful."

Hani was glad that her friend was, at least, willing to give Jungkook and her a chance, despite still being strongly tied down to the pre-conceived idea of him. Despite still, letting the lingering fear of the things, people said he had done, haunt her; Lily was willing to trust her friend. Hani accepted that, she accepted that it would take time for that image of him to be washed away from her mind and that's okay. She would make sure that Lily, slowly, would see Jungkook for his true colors and not the one's people had paint on him.

Hani gave her friend a small, yet, thankful smile and reached for the instructions paper that was laying on the floor. For moments, the conversation about Jungkook and Hani's meeting seemed to be done. Both of the girls were silently assembling the crib, trying to drive their minds away from each of their worries. However, there was something that Lily was curious about. A small little detail that was prickling her heart, forcing her to ask Hani about it.

"Does he, you know... know about Ulric and you?" Hani stopped moving, a furious and nervous heartbeat inside her chest suddenly echoed. "I mean about how your father wants to give you to h-"

"He doesn't"

Hani quickly interrupted the friend, not wanting to hear one more word about it. Her mood suddenly had dropped. Hani had been so focused in the perfect dreamy life she had pictured with Jungkook, that she had forgotten that things weren't as easy as she wanted them to be. Lily had given her a wakeup call, an aggressive and violent one. Suddenly, she was dreading meeting Jungkook again. Her heart wavered in her chest with uncertainty.

"You have to tell him, Hani..."

"I know, I will. I just..."

"Just what?"

"I'm scared... of his reaction"

Hani's gaze dropped, back to the instruction paper that looked so boring and grey. She knew she had to tell Jungkook about it. Still, Hani couldn't help but feel worried, scared at what his reaction would be. Perhaps, there was still a trail of the wrongly drawn image of him still living in her mind. Just... perhaps... she still felt unsure that she could trust him and his actions.