33. Worry.

"If anybody has their ears on, could you helps me please?
I need helps. Sammy's sick, a bad sick and I don't know how to fix it. Cassy tried, but he got no juice left. It didn't work. Could you fix Cas so thats he can fix my Sammy please. Please could you helps Sammy? Please?"

I tried to listen to what everybody was saying, but I couldn't respond. I felt like my head was under water. It was like I couldn't feel. I didn't feel anything. Just empty.

After Sammy collapsed, I screamed and cried, daddy ran in first and then Rick. They carried him into the other cell block, the one with the sick people. But they won't let me see him even when I said please.

As soon as Cas found out he came, they let him hold me and he went to try and use his mojo to help Sammy, but it didn't work. I haven't let go of him since. I don't want to loose him too.

But then Hershey called us into the meeting room. Glenn, Hershey, Carol and daddy were sat around the table with Mishy to the side and me and Cas close by. His arms were tight around me, I think we both need the comfort.

"It's spread. Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D. Sasha, Caleb, Sam and now others."

"The hell we gonna do bout my kid? She was there, but she ain't sick at least not yet. How do we stop it?"

They all turned to look at me and Cas held me just that little bit tighter.

"There is no stopping it. You get it. You have to go through with it. I'm not sure if Diego is going to get sick, she should have fallen ill already if she was."

"We could put her in quarantine." Carol suggested.

"No!" Cas' chest vibrated with the harshness of the word.

"No? What do you mean no?" Carol argued.

"Carol" Daddy warned.

"You have no say in what happens to the child. You want to segregate her? Put her in more harm? Then go ahead, but I will not let you lay a single fi-"

"Castiel!"

Hershey's shout echoed off the walls. And all I could feel was the rapid beat of Cas' heart against his chest. He was mad.

"I understand your angry, bu-"

"Of course I am angry. We can not lose Sam or Diego." Cas said a little calmer this time. "They are my family."

"And I understand that, but you need to calm down."

"Sam is sick. Dean's gone. She is my responsibility" Cas said.

"Your responsibility? The last time I checked she is my kid" Daddy yelled. Oh no. This can't be good. I don't like it when people fight.

"Diego is my friend. My responsibility. My family. And you are not her father. Her father is dead and if you try to take her from me, then you will be too."

"Calm down the both of you."

They both just glared at each other, it was kind of scary.

"Diego, why don't you go for a walk while I talk to Castiel and your dad."

I nodded to Hershey and Cas put me down and smiled softly before I made my way outside.

...

"So this is where you have been hiding?"

I turned around to find Cas walking towards me and I offered him a small smile.

"What did Hershey say?"

"He expects me to let Daryl have full responsibility of you. But I wont. Not fully."

I just gave him a sad smile and his head tilted a little in confusion.

"What's wrong?" Cas frowned.

"Glennys sick Cas. Sammy and Glenn are sick and I don't know how to fix it."

I sat down on the grass, Cas soon copying me and I lay my head on his legs as he played with my hair.

"Your father is getting some medicine so that they can get better."

"I know, but what if they don't come back. What if Sammy dies?"

"He won't. I won't let that happen." Cas gathered me up and held me to his chest, cradling the back of my head with one hand, steadying my breathing.

I squinted my eyes shut, my mind racing with the worst scenarios in my head. My voice broke heavily as I whimpered to my angel. "What if he dies wh-what if my daddy don't come back, what if..."

"Shh shh shh it's okay. I will never leave you. Ever."

"I wish I could help Sammy. I wish I could have Dean. I want to give them both snuggles and go back to the bunker and we can all watch movies and eat foods an-and.."

"Hey, it's okay it's okay." Cassy wrapped me up and held me tight. "I miss Dean too."

He gave me a half hearted smile and sighed lowly, kissing my head and resting his chin on top of my head while I snuggled closer.

"There were times where I used to worry about your brothers, worry if they would come through the door without the other, or not at all. But then I would think, I would remember that they are Winchester's. You included. And Winchester's always win the fight. It takes a lot to beat you three, and I don't believe that another apocalypse could take you down."

"It took Dean down" I whispered with a wobbly frown.

"I know. I know and I'm sorry that I wasn't there to prevent it from happening. But I will protect Sam for you. I will protect you too. Always."

"I love you Cas."

"I love you too."

I managed to form a smile as Cas softly wiped my tears away with his thumbs , pushing my hair from my face and giving me one last squeeze before letting go. He ruffled my hair and we both stood up, noticing that it was getting a little dark.. where is daddy? Shouldn't he be back by now?

"Now, why don't you go and find Rick while I go and check on that tall brother of yours?"

"Can I come with you? I wanna see my Sammy, please?"

He looked at me for a second and I put on my best sad eyes, not even Dean could not give in. He sighed with a smirk and held out his hand. I took it in mine and we both walked over to the prison to see Sammy.

•••

Hello!
I know I haven't updated in AGES but I've been really busy with school and all of my exams so I haven't had a lot of spare time to write, but this has been half finished in my drafts for a while so I decided to finish it today 😁😁

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Sam or Dean?
Crowley or Gabriel?