The Guy Who Gave Up His Jersey(30)

• Dedicated to To all my amazing fans, and readers<3

The autumn air hit my face as I made my way down the side walk. From the distance the last bell for dismal rang and in matter of minutes the school parking lot was flooded with kids. Some rushed towards their cars leaving school property as fast as they could. While others gathered around with their friends to chat.

Against her car, a girl with dark brown hair was getting mad at some guys who were wearing a black and grey jacket. They had to be pre-legends; they mocked her only causing her to slap them across their face. She marched away from them cursing them quietly.

Her shoulder brushed against mine making me stumble back. She gasped grabbing onto my arm so I wouldn't fall. "Oh shit! I'm sorry!" She apologized.

I shook my head, giving her a small smile. "Don't worry about it."

She stayed quiet for a moment looking at me as if she knew who I was. "Hey, by any chance could you be The Juliana Richerman?" She questioned me surprised.

I chuckled. "Yeah, that's me."

She put her hands on her hips, scoffing. "How could you stand these idiots?" She shrieked. "Ever since I stepped into those glass doors, I have seen things I never wanted to see!"

She amused me, she reminded me of myself. The exact same way she would throw those tantrums I would too. I kept thinking how someone could play this game, how could they live with themselves. Back then I would probably keep my mouth shut if I knew I would stand where I do now.

"Roosevelt High is special, but the entertainment is worth it." I smirked at her.

"Roosevelt High is mental, these students have serious issues." She spat annoyed.

"You'll get used to it." I said. "They all do,"

She looked at me, confused. "Story has it you left the states two years ago, why are you back?" She said curiously.

I shrugged. "I was curious,"

She ran her hand through her curly hair, sighing. She looked over her shoulder and her eyes stayed glued to the guy with dirty blonde hair. It was written all over her face that she had a crush on him. I watched as he pinned a girl against his car and began making out with her like nothing.

She rolled her eyes, playing it off cool. "Asshole." I heard her mutter.

I opened my jacket and pulled out a black book, throwing at her. She caught before it hit her face.

"What the-"She looked at her and slowly her eyes grew bigger. "This is the legendary play book."

"Sure is. Keep it!" I responded.

She stood there shocked before handing me the book back. "No thanks, I know it contains information but I don't want to get involve with this game. I know your story, everyone does." She stuttered.

My story, wasn't a story everyone knew clearly, they all knew what they wanted to hear. I fell in love with the guy who gave up his jersey, only to leave him. That's what they knew, they didn't care about the struggles I face, or the tears I cried. They didn't know anything.

I pushed the book back at her. "The only way you're ever going to get that guy is by getting into the game. Either way, if you don't want it throw it away." I responded. "It has no use to me anyway." I turned around walking away.

"Hey, wait!" She called after me.

I turned around looking straight at her. "Why didn't you stay with Alejandro?" She said quietly.

My stomach tied into a knot, it had been a long time since I heard his name. His bitter sweet name still managed to ache my chest. I wondered how he was doing, I hadn't seen nor talk to him since Mindy's funeral. Had he missed me at all?