Chapter 5

The doctor said I could leave the pack hospital as long as I rested for a couple of days. I went with my mate back to his house. I was slightly nervous as I would surely see people from his pack on the way and I was their future Luna. I hope they like me.
We pulled up at the pack house and as if he sensed my nerves Adam took my hand on his and grinned at me.
I relaxed slightly and began to get out of the car carefully. The second I stood on my feet Adam was at my side and picked me up bridal style.
"I can walk you know" I grumbled.
"But the doctor said rest. I don't think you should be climbing stairs in your condition" he argued.
"In my condition? I'm only bruised!" I laughed but I felt Adam stiffen.
"It could have been more serious" he stated.
He was right, I could have died. I decided not to argue so I just settled down in his arms, enjoying the warm feeling spreading through my body.
We reached Adam's room and he paused.
"Erm, this is my room but.. er.. you don't have to stay here. Um I could find another room if you.."
I placed a finger on his lips to stop him rambling.
"I'm fine here if that's ok with you"
A huge smile spread across his face and he took me in a set me on the bed.
I looked around the room. It was huge. The walls were grey and the big double bed was in the centre of the room and there looked to be plenty of wardrobe space. His room was actually quite nice.
Adam cleared his throat bringing me out of my thoughts.
"I've got some paper work to finish and I need to make sure our security is tight enough after you and the rogues managed to get onto my territory, though I'm glad you did" he grinned at me "I should only be an hour. Why don't you try and sleep?"
I nodded and watched him leave. I decided I couldn't sleep in my normal clothes so I routed in Adams drawers for something comfy to sleep in. I found a shirt and some joggers that were quite large on me but I didn't mind.
I lay in his bed and the strong scent of my mate helped me drift off to sleep.

Adam's PoV
I was sat filling in forms in my office about the rogues we killed yesterday. They weren't neat but I wanted them done quickly so I could get back to my mate.
A knock on my door interrupted me.
"Come in"
My beta Liam walked into the room clutching a piece of paper. I frowned as he handed it over to me without saying a word.

I know she is here. How foolish of you to take in a fox, our enemy. Don't you know she could destroy you if she knew how to harness her full powers? Don't you worry, I'm coming for her and I'll end her before she has the chance. And if you or any of your pack get in my way I'll end them to.
I only have your best interests at heart,
Alpha Roberts.

I growled and tore up the paper.
"What should we do?" Liam asked. "How can we protect our Luna"
The way he was already willing to protect her calmed me down. He had only seen her once, and even then she was unconscious.
"I want her guarded at all times by either me or two of our best warriors. She must never be alone and vulnerable. Not now. And make sure she doesn't find out. I don't want her to be stressing over this. Leave it to me."
Liam nodded and left to let certain guards know what needed to happen.
I left the paperwork and decided to go and check on my mate.

I entered my room and there she was, my beautiful mate asleep. I noticed she was in my clothes which made my wolf very happy. She smelt like us and every other male would know. It would do until I marked her.
I changed out of my clothes and climbed into bed with her, drifting off into a contented sleep.