Ten Thousand Miles

Hello my lovelies!

I'm so excited for this new book and I hope you are too! Don't worry Hazel and Axel still get to finish their story, but I wanted to give a little sneak peak!

Hannah is a college student going on exchange. I like our other characters from my series, she doesn't live in a society where power roles are normal.

They are very abnormal and has grown up being taught that the lifestyle of Marin, where she travels, is bad and corrupt.

You'll just have to wait an see who our male Dom is till I release the book! 😘

Hannah's POV

This is an off limits foreign country.

My own parents would disown me if I ever came out to them about having submissive fantasies. They'd say I needed therapy, a psychologist, medicine. They'd think something was wrong with me.

There is something wrong with you, Hannah.

That's true. Normal people, people in their right mind didn't think thoughts like me. Who thinks about being tied down to random pieces of furniture? Who thinks about being taken over someone's lap and spanked?

Sick people.

I don't always feel sick about it though, it feels right to me when I first slip into my head, but I always eventually get there. Get the sick feeling when I realize how corrupt and grimy my own thoughts are.

I'm a smart girl. I had decent grades. Held down an architecture internship before I even graduated high school. How can there be something so wrong with me as this when I have been so successful in every other aspect of my life?

I fuss and fiddle with the tag on my carry on, avoiding all interaction with the people around me.

I bounce in distress, so anxious to just get out of here. I don't think my temporary housing can be worse than this.

I look around, ducking my head and avoiding all eye contact. I know it's not real, and that people aren't really sizing me up and staring, but it feels like it.

I feel like I stand out from everyone here. I feel like I have a sign across my head that says 'sub,'

I'm paranoid now that everyone knows my secret.

I've always dreamed of coming out about it and talking with someone about my dreams, but I've never had the courage too. I would have been crazy to do that. Now that I'm surrounded by people who may have a like minded dreams, I can't do it. I can't even bring myself to make eye contact.

I nearly lunge for my luggage, as I nearly miss it after being so deep in thought. Heat rushes to my cheeks as I'm sure I'm making an absolute fool of myself.

My suitcase is heavy, and I am clumsy as I finagle it off the baggage claim. I see my second suitcase and go to get it, but someone reaches over me and grabs it as I start to struggle.

I jump back, bumping into their chest. "Sorry!" I squeak out, so embarrassed.

"It's alright. Here you go. Did you loose your dominant?" The man asks, peering down at me.

My face pales and I take a step back from him.

Maybe I wasn't paranoid. Maybe it is so easy for people to tell, to read me.

I babble like a fish out of water, unable to come up with a response. "You okay?" He asks me, reaching for my arm as I take a step away.

I quickly grab the handle of my suitcases and nod, ready to dismiss myself. "Yes, Yes. Thank you," I say, nearly sprinting as I turn and run out of the baggage claiming area.

I cling to my suitcase in discomfort, my eyes tracing the pavement.

If these first five minutes off the plane are any indication of my overall experience, I may have better luck buying a ticket now, and flying back home.

I have yet to even gotten out of the airport, but I miss home, I miss my family.

Even though all my thoughts encourage me to turn around, however, my feet continue to take me towards the airport exit.

As if they had a mind of their own, they drag me and my luggage right out the door. I am bumped and jostled around by other people as I stop to shield myself from the sunlight.

I instantly relax, the noise much quieter out here.

My peace is disturbed and reality of where I am is brought back to me though when a woman on a leash, nearly crawls over my foot as who I assumes to be her Master, leads her elsewhere.

Heat fills my cheeks, I look away quickly.

I feel a headache coming on.

What did I get myself into?

"Hannah?" Someone asks and I nearly jump out of my own skin. I whirl around, trying to find out who on this side of the world knows who I am.