Chapter 2

"..." WHY IS JOHN HERE? WE ARE WITH HIM? WHAT?!?!?!?!

These thoughts continued to go through Claire's head as Abel said, "Oh, I had no idea! I'm sorry!"

After Claire registered what she had just seen, she opened her mouth to protest, but Adrion stopped her.

"Look, he's backing down," he whispered.

"I'm sure you are," John said skeptically. "Well, I want you to go back downstairs and rejoin your group. I will ask Blyke later if you were there, so don't try to pull anything".

"Yes, sir," Abel said, before walking to the door and exiting the roof.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?" Claire shouted. John didn't seem the slightest bit moved by the harshness.

"I go to school here?" he said, "I had to go somewhere after I was expelled". Before Claire could say anything else, John interrupted her. "You know, for someone who told me that I only care about myself, you don't care much about others yourself." He stated.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Claire said, coldly.

"Of course, you don't" he scoffed, rummaging through his pocket. He took out his phone and started doing something on it, before showing the screen to Claire and Adrion. He was in his texts, and in the specific conversation, there was a voice message. He played the message and Claire immediately recognized Seraphina's panicked voice.

"John! I know that you might be doing something right now, but I NEED YOUR HELP. We are missing two of our students from New Bostin! A green-haired girl named Claire and a blonde-haired boy named Adrion. PLEASE HELP US AND FIND THEM. Evie, Isen, and I have to stay with the group. Could you PLEASE help us find them? You know how the students are here, they would jump an unfamiliar student on sight! We have to find them before something happens!"

Claire was silent.

"Man, you screwed up this time," Adrion said to her.

"You guys should get back to your group as soon as possible," John said putting his phone away. "They are currently in the Library, to get there you should go down to...

<———————————————————————————————————->

"Here's the Library." Adrion said once they were standing in front of the door under the sign labeled 'Library'.

"I still can't believe that we got directions from John." Claire grumbled, "John!"

"I know, but he seemed ... different," Adrion said.

"How so?" Claire asked, unimpressed.

"He seemed calmer" he answered, "Think if that had happened at New Bostin-"

"He wouldn't give a damn because he had no problem beating the crap out of us himself," Claire said.

"You know what? Let's just go in," Adrion said, defeated. He opened the door to the Library and saw the group. Everyone turned when they heard the door open.

"There you guys are! Where were you?!" Hazel said, running forward and hugging Claire. Then, she backed up and started gently shaking Claire by the shoulders, "We were worried about you!"

"Sorry, Hazel." Claire laughed. Claire stole a glance at Seraphina. She looked thoroughly relieved, but she didn't look angry. Claire sighed in relief.

"What?" Hazel asked.

"Oh, nothing!" Claire said quickly.

"So, that's it for today!" Evie said, clapping her hands. "Tomorrow we will meet the last two people in our group." She said.

<———————————————————————————————————->

The next day, their group was one of the ones that were supposed to meet in the Cafeteria. In the morning Claire and Hazel walked together. When they got there they saw that almost everyone else was already there. There was a new, unfamiliar student from Wellston. He had green eyes and blue hair that hung to his chin, and the Seraphina, Evie, and Isen seemed to keep their distance from him.

"Hey, Adrion! Who was your roommate?" Claire asked once they got there. "Um, well..." he hesitated. "I'll tell you later".

One by one, the groups started leaving the Cafeteria.

When they were the last group, Atlas asked, "Where is the last group member?"

"He should be here any moment now," Seraphina said, cheerfully.

"Do you know who he is?" Kendrick asked.

"I do," Seraphina said.

"Who?" Evie asked.

"You'll see," Seraphina responded.

"Oh by the way, What's your name?" Adrion asked, turning to the boy with blue hair.

"Oh, that's Zeke," Isen said blandly.

"I can talk, you know" Zeke snapped. At this time, Zeke turned around to see Hazel staring at him. "What are you looking at?" he growled.

"I'm looking at you." Hazel said, "You know, your hair looks kinda funky. Like, super weird. Remind me to never go to your barber". Everyone but Zeke laughed.

"Why you little-" he started and made a move to slap her. Hazel squeaked and brought her arms up to guard her head.