Chapter 48

Who's behind this?

Someone that has direct connection with the Forum.

Is it Richard? But if it's him, he won't gain anything in this.

Unless of course if he wanted to end the engagement in the most cliché, romance troupe, way.

You know, the typical “publicizing every single flaw of his fiancée instead of talking it through.”

But he won't end this engagement yet. He'll only end it when he's 25, when he hired Amelia.

Then it must be someone else then. But who?

While I was thinking, I heard the phone beside me ring.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Thank goodness it was you!” A familiar voice answered at the end of the line.

I became dubious.

“I told you to only talk to me through letters right? And how did you get this number?” I grumpily said to the other line.

“Quit sulking! I had this number a long time ago when I was still living with Dad and I don't have the time to write you because I won't be around for days. Plus I am in a public phone, they won't know it.” Bryan said.

“So? Speak what you want.” I impatiently said.

“You do know I work as Richard's grandfather's secretary now, right?”

I didn't answer.

“You have to listen. I know about that news and I said this to help you as well as Laeticia. I just discovered today when I accompanied the old man in a meeting about how he confronted this man.” Brian hurriedly said.

I grasped the phone tighter and leaned closer.

“I feel the old man knows the man did it. He said to that person he should know who's he's facing. You have to trust me in this.” Brian said.

“Who is it?” I answered instantly.

“Huh? You trust me that fast? Yiee are you worried about Laeticia?” He teased.

I hung up the phone.

It rang again. I picked it up.

“Okay,okay! I'm sorry!! It was Caesar Rein! I gotta go now, I just said I needed to pee! They'll doubt me! Bye mwah!” Brian hurriedly hung up the phone.

I grimaced at what he said at the end.

Ewww..

Rein..

By what he said from Richard's grandfather's reaction, they seemed to be pretty close.

But why would Caesar Rein, a man who knows the might of the currently powerful family, challenge them?

Every adult in this business world knows to never challenge that family.

Caesar Rein.. Rein.. Rein..

Hmm?

Wait a second... No way...

Is it the other male lead!?

That Axl Rein!!?!

Whaaatttt????!!! Can I go against that person?!!?

In the novel, because he's one of the male leads, as usual he has high specs. He has all the connections the main male lead needs to get all the information he needed. In showbusiness,  other companies' dealings,  information about all the people they know and even the syndicate!!