Chapter Thirteen: Walking in a Dream

"You sure you don't need any help?" Oracle asked as I nodded. I jumped off the motorcycle. "A lot of the spell can't be done by a human, you know-"

"I know." Oracle smiled again and I wasn't sure what he was angling for. "You seemed to have it figured out." Oracle put on the helmet I wore. "I do hope to see you again, Matty." 

"You don't need to be so dramatic." 

Oracle shrugged. "Messing with dreams doesn't end up well."

Says the guy who thought stealing things from faeries was a great idea. He really had no freaking idea or he was just refusing the admit it.  

"Thanks." 

Oracle looked like he wanted to say more, but maybe he knew better. It looked like he wanted to say something that might stop me. It was the sort of thing that Drake probably would've done if he were awake. 

"Just be safe. You're more important than you think you are." 

It sounded like something Erasmus would say. At the time he said it, I was a little kid with a need to be loved so it sounded sweet. Now, as an adult, it made me wonder what did Oracle want from me. And if he had similar motives to Erasmus. 

I nodded and went into my apartment building. The moment I was alone in the lobby of my building, my body started to shake. I needed food, sleep, and some water, but I didn't have time. I dragged my feet up the stairs until I reached my floor. I went down the long hall

The lock clicked as I opened the door to my apartment.

"ABOUT TIME!" I jumped as Keeva got up in my face before I could even close the door. Aine must have grabbed her. "I thought I was going to have to go to Faerie and drag you back myself!"

"Keeva, hush," Ruth said to her as she got the elf to sit down on my sofa.

"Good, I wasn't sure if Orisin would be able to do this spell by himself," I said as Orisin looked at me. My apartment was stuffed with more people than it ever has in my time being there. Antonio sat on my sofa, crossed legged, pinching is chin as he stared down at me. Keeva and Ruth sat next to him with Ruth trying to calm down Keeva as she ranted and raved about how stupid I had been. Orisin sat on the counter in the kitchen, frowning and digging his fingers under the counter with Aine sitting on his head.

"You aren't looking very good." Antonio said with a slight tilt of his head.

"I don't feel very good," I said. 

Antonio and Keeva looked at one another. My legs shook. 

"Keeva, can you do this?" I held up the spell book for her and the orange rose. 

"Not now," Orisin said. He jumped off of the counter, walking over to me as he held open his hand. "You need to heal." 

"We don't-"

"It's this," Antonio said, "or we make you stay in your room for a week." I could tell by his voice that he would lock me in there. 

Orisin let his palm heat up and a flame bloomed in his hand. The flame danced for a second before twisting and turning before turning into what looked like an apple. Made of fire, but still an apple. I grabbed it after Orisin nodded and ate it as quickly as possible. 

"I can't believe you went there without any backup." Antonio said. His voice dark and deep. The only reason he wasn't ripping me a new one was because he didn't want anyone to know much about his connection to the group.