Minizerk and Wroetostar- The Best Gift (Christmas Oneshot- 14/12)

Josh's P.O.V.

Honestly, I think Harry spent more time at the Sidemen house than JJ did now that he was openly in a relationship with Vikk. Ever since the two youngest of the Sidemen had come out to us the blonde spent days upon end around with us, sleeping in Vikk's room, recording on JJ's setup. I don't think either Simon or I minded, especially since it gave us another couple to muck around with.

Simon and I had kept our relationship a secret for a long time, too scared to come out for fear of being rejected, pretending to have girlfriends for the sake of the fans. They thought I had been with Freya for almost 9 years and Simon with Talia for almost 2, but in reality our two "girlfriends" were together. It was a nice deal, we were close friends with them and we could pretend to be straight. But of course, we had to come out one day.

It started off slow, to our closest friends and family, and then all at once. We came out to our audiences, our extended friends and everyone else who didn't know, simply because we were confident enough to do so- we weren't scared. Vikk and Harry were yet to come out publicly but we didn't press them, they would come out in their own time.

And now it was Christmas. JJ was overseas, Tobi and Ethan were with their families, so it was just us four at the Sidemen house. I was looking forward to it.

There was a box under my bed, a little velvet box containing the ring that I would propose to my boyfriend of 6 years, on Christmas morning. I was nervous, trembling at the thought of it, but I had planned this for so long and Simon had hinted that that was what he wanted, I couldn't turn back now.

-------------------------------------------------

I woke up Christmas morning with Simon tucked right in against my chest, still fast asleep. I could hear a commotion downstairs and assumed the Vikk and Harry were already awake- they were probably trying to be quiet, waiting for us to wake up, but something told me they wouldn't remain quiet for very long. They were like little kids, excited over the simplest of things and I honestly didn't know how they would fare without an "adult" because lord knows neither of them could do it.

Laying there for a couple of minutes, I had this stupid grin on my face. I was so goddamn happy. It was Christmas and I had my boyfriend of 6 years asleep aside me, with two of my best friends downstairs- this was something I could never have hoped for as a teen. I was living my best life.

"Wake up Si." I whispered, gently shaking him. He blinked sleepily. "It's Christmas babe."

"Mornin' Josh." He mumbled, squinting up at me with half lidded eyes. "Wha' time is it?" His voice was slightly slurred. I glanced at the clock.

"Just before eight, Vikk and Harry are already up."

"Oh." He mumbled, yawning quietly. "Give me another minute."

I did give him that minute before dragging him out of bed, forcing a cheesy Christmas sweater over his head and laughing at his sleepy glare. He hated these sorts of things but damn, it was cute and the photos I would get would be great- he would hate me for it later, but I didn't care.

"Come on Si, the boys'll be pinning to open the presents, we'd better get up before they barge in here." I said, returning the pout I got by poking out my tongue. "You know they'll be excited."

"Yeah, yeah." He mumbled, but he wasn't really being sarcastic, he was just tired. And when he was tired he was grumpy, and when he was grumpy he wasn't a person you wanted to be around- well, unless you were me. He was fine with me and I could put up with him.

"It's Christmas Si!" I chastised. "Don't be a downer!"

He gave me a look but tried to smile. He just needed his coffee.

Vikk and Harry lit up like lightbulbs when we walked into the room and I quickly explained that we would be able to open the presents as soon as Simon and I had had our coffee.

We came back into the room with steaming mugs of coffee, sipping on them, sitting down around the brightly lit tree that honestly looked like a bomb had gone off on top of it. We had left Harry and Vikk down to decorating, mostly because they had insisted on it, and it looked absolutely ridiculous but no one really cared because it was Christmas! Who cared if it looked like this. Simon even giggled a little as we stepped into the room, still finding it funny.

"Presents!" Harry demanded, patting the ground beside him. Vikk smiled from where he was resting his head on the youngers shoulder. "We've been up for ages!"

"Alright, alright." I laughed, sitting down and pulling Simon into my lap. I winced a little as the box poked me when I half sat on it. "You can start."

"Woo!" He cried, scrambling under the tree to grab a handful of presents that I assumed from him, handing one to each of us. He looked incredibly proud of himself, and that was how we started.

----------------------------------------------

We got through all of the presents slowly, the stockings full of little gifts and sweet, laughing at the stupid gifts we got from the other Sidemen members or family. It was a shame we couldn't be with our family but I was fine with it just being the four of us- a little audience to be there to witness the proposal. Vikk and Harry both already knew of course, they had their cameras to film when I gave the signal.

Simon was still sitting in my lap with his head resting right next to mine, a little smile dancing on his face. His pile of gifts sat next to him, a mix of clothes, electronics and little presents and sweets, gifts from all of us and his family and other friends.

It was during the calm that I made my move. Everyone was sitting in a comfortable silence and outside Simon's view I mouthed to Vikk when he looked at me- ready? He nodded subtly, my boyfriend not paying attention. His hand tightened on his camera, nudging Harry.

I reached around into my pocket, gently shifting Simon off my lap, and he turned to look at me, visibly confused. I pushed him to his feet and stood up as well, but only for a moment because the second I had pulled the velvet box from my back pocket I sank back onto one knee, smiling but shaking.

"Simon Minter-" I said, trying to keep my voice level. Simon's eyes widened. "We've been together 6 years now and I feel like this is the best time to do this, on a day of celebration with some of our friends. I love you with all of my heart so, Simon, will you marry me?"

He almost immediately burst into tears but managed to keep himself together enough to nod, his hands clasped over his mouth. Out of the corner of my eyes I could see Vikk and Harry, grinning, holding their cameras.

I stood up and held him tight, almost dropping the box in the process, letting him cry into my shoulder. It took him a few minutes to gather himself and when he pulled back he was still crying, but he was laughing too.

"This is the best gift I could have ever gotten." He sniffled, smiling. "I love you Josh."

"And I love you too Si."