xliii. | walkers can fly

THEY WERE WAITING at the stores door as Daryl knocked on the glass several times to catch some walkers attention

THEY WERE WAITING at the stores door as Daryl knocked on the glass several times to catch some walkers attention. He leaned against the glass, holding his crossbow up at the sky. Ella was sitting nice and perfectly still on the concrete wall blocks that crowded around each individual window, quietly listening for any walkers inside as Beth was sitting next her, whispering something about what she was going to grab as a reminder to herself.

"Give it some time." Daryl croaked out.

A smile placed itself on Zack's face as he moved to stand straight. "Okay, I think I got it." he put his foot on his shin.

"Got what?" Michonne questioned from behind Zack in curiosity.

Zack turned away from Michonne. Ella briefly glanced at him. "I've been trying to guess what Daryl did before the turn." he sat down next to Daryl on the concrete wall blocks.

Daryl spoke up. "He's been trying to guess for, like, six weeks." he added in on the information about the stupid game Zack was playing.

"It is kind of silly guessing what he did." Beth smiled at her boyfriend, Zack, before she shook her head.

Zack returned the smile. "It's not stupid, it's smart. It lets you get to know them a bit better," he defended himself. "Look, I'm pacing myself. One shot a day." he glanced at the rest of the group.

"Alright. . . shoot." Daryl threw one hand up, his shoulders rolling forward.

Zack licked his lips a bit, itching his nose. "Well, the way you are at the prison, you being on the council, you're able to track, you're helping people, but you're still being kind of-"

Ella butted in the conversation. "Assholey." she said.

"That's not even a word." Glenn spoke up, leaning against one of the cars with Sasha, Bob, and Tyreese, his eyebrows raising at the slightest inconvenience.

Ella lifted a finger up to defend herself. "It is now, Glenn."

He rolled his eyes.

Zack coughed. "No, that's not the word. It's. . . surly," he sighed. Everyone gave him confused looks. "Big swing here. Homicide cop."

Ella snorted at the two words. Homicide cop. If anything, he would've been the one murdering people for the cop to find. Michonne and almost everyone else were sputtering at the most far fetched shot there could've been.

"What's so funny?" Daryl furrowed his eyebrows at the katana swinging woman.

"Nothing," Michonne chuckled. "It makes perfect sense."