We Have A Leash -- Do We Need It?

I woke up the next day in the large bed in the bed chamber next to the room where I'd bathed the previous night.

"Sleep well?"

I yelped and grabbed the luxurious blankets around my breasts.

Itek lounged on the foot of the bed, back against one of the banisters. He had on a huntman's leather breeches and top, unlaced and careless, with enough of his chest exposed to show the gold thorn Trinket around his neck. His feet were bare and pointed in my direction.

"What are you doing!" I demanded.

"Keeping an eye on our new pet," he stretched contently, and raised one knee to rest his wrist on it.

"Where would I go?" I shifted the blankets and scrunched them up closer against me. Dim light creapt around the heavy curtains drawn across the massive windows. "Have you been there all night?"

I'd seen Ethat retire to his nest of stones after dinner. Korr clearly had a nest on the other side of the room, although I assumed he and Itek shared something a bit more comfortable to a griffin in another room. Perhaps not. Those two seemed to live for the joy of needling each other.

"I'd had to get past Ethat," I said, annoyed.

Itek smiled, a wicked glint in those eyes of his. "So you did contemplate your escpae."

"I didn't say that." I hadn't.

"Naughty, naughty. Do we need to put you on a leash?"

"Stop it," I demanded, although something about the threat promised the sting of a swat and his talons, and—

What the hell is wrong with you, Theia.

Itek shifted off the bed, and said, "It's time to get dressed. We have somewhere to go."

I shimmied out of the massive bed, still holding one of the sheets around myself for modesty. They hadn't give me anything to sleep in. Itek clucked his tongue at me. "Don't make more work for the maids by dragging the bed clothes all over."

"Then keep your back turned," I said.

"You have some unique anatomy I haven't seen before? Let me get the others. We'd like to—"

"No!" I blushed red. I'd never been really naked in front of a man before except for Tynn. I stared at my toes. "Stop it. I'm your pet. Not here to get tormented."

He softened. "Come out front. You can keep the sheet."

When I arrived out front, a cold breakfast had been set out on the sideboard, and several maids in dark livery were there, with fabric strew everywhere. Ethat watched the proceedings from his nest, his claws crossed one over the other. Korr was in yet another robe, this one actually sashed snugly shut, and sipped tea from his place on the couch.

I held the sheet against my breasts. Itek sat down next to Korr. Ethat heaved himself up off his nest and sat behind the couch, but his massive head between them.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We're dressing you. Or, they are dressing you. We don't want our pet to look like a street urchin." Itek gestured to the maids.

"Wait, what—" I protested as the maids descended upon me and tugged me by my arms towards the table. The sheet fell away, leaving me completely naked. I squeaked and tried to yank free. "Wait!"

"Stop causing a scene," Korr said. Ethat snorted.

"Here, my lady," one maid said gently, pressing a sheer linen shift into my hands. "You can wear this while we try on clothing."