Chapter-27

Ariana

When our bosses informed us that we would be extra busy, they surely weren't joking.

Our presence was needed at both the places, at the party venue, and in the office. At least one of us had to be present in the office, so we divided our time and work.

The grandest party hall was booked. It was not easy to book that in a short time but who would say no to the most powerful businessmen in the USA? Lauren had gone to give Invitation cards for printing.

Scott was gone to meet with some event management companies which we had shortlisted as that would be easy for us to handle our work otherwise we had to book decorator and caterer separately and that would have been more chaotic and tiring than it was now.

I had been working on my computer continuously for the last two hours. I had been mailing some important documents to the business partners and also had been replying to fan mails at the same time. Also, I had been receiving non-stop phone calls from other companies, business partners, and clients. Some called for greetings, some to ask for meetings. Xavier ordered me not to disturb him until there was something extremely important. So, I wrote all the names and their purpose of calling on the notepad so that I could inform him afterward.

I was typing on my computer when someone knocked on the door before entering. I looked up to see Lauren with some files in her hands.

"Hey, when did you come back?" I asked as I sat straight in my chair.

"Oh, I just came back and already have loads of work." She huffed, placing files on my desk, and sat on the chair on the other side of the desk.

"What are these files for?" I asked her.

"Some are contract files to be given to Mr. Knight and some files are to be signed by him." She replied.

"Okay, let me inform him that you are here," I reached for the intercom to call him but Lauren stopped me.

"Wait, not right now." I raised a questioning eyebrow.

"Oh, come on, Let me have five minutes rest! And you also have a short break, your boss won't kill you for that. And besides, we have something important to talk about." She said the last statement while wiggling her eyebrows.

Uh oh! She hadn't forgotten about that.

"Lauren, I have numerous emails to send and also many phone calls to attend, we'll talk later, okay? Maybe during lunch?" I said, hoping that she'll agree and forget about the talk.

"Oh, I see...Trying to be smart, huh?" She raised her eyebrows and then smirked.

"But my dear friend, I think you don't know that I am over smart. I know you want me to forget about that because you know we'll get busy afterward. So, Ariana, we are talking NOW." She sat straight in her chair and crossed her arm in front of her chest.

Uh oh! What I have gotten myself into?

My throat went dry so I picked up the glass of water and started drinking.

"I know we don't have time so I'll come directly to the point... Do you have a crush on Mr. Knight?" I choked on the water.

Who in the world has a crush on their own husband?

I started coughing hard. I instantly put the glass back on the desk and took the tissues from Lauren's hand which she was offering me to clean the spilled water. Lauren was watching my every move silently.

"Where did that come from?" I asked her after I composed myself.

"You thought I didn't notice? The way you were staring at him while congratulating him, it was like you were lost in his eyes. And not to forget the blush that crawls on your face whenever you are around him. Isn't this proof enough to tell that you have a crush on Mr. Knight?" She asked playfully.