Chapter 15: What Did We Learned Today

When we woke up, it was dark, the effects of whatever it was that we had, wore off. We picked up everything and went inside the car.

"How did we sleep through the entire day?" I asked while yawning.

"No idea, everything went crazy after those cookies." He replied. "Where did you buy those cookies?"

"I went to a new bakery and they told me they were happy cookies. I thought, well that's a cute name, considering cookies do make people happy." I told him and he lost it. He was laughing hysterically.

"Babygirl. Happy cookies, or happy brownies, or happy whatever pastry. It means it contains weed." He chuckled while interlacing our fingers.

"Aww, that sounds cute. I like babygirl."

"That's what got your attention from me telling you that we had weed?" He gave me a look.

I chuckled, "Sorry, but that sounded cute." I said while sitting on his lap and wrapping my arms around his neck. "As for the weed thing, it made us have a unique and fun date." I smiled as he shook his head.

"You're something else. But I will admit that this date was really fun and better than I expected. It was better than just picnic." He pecked my lips.

"I enjoy the date because I was with my best friend/ lover." I told him while wiggling my eyebrows. He just laughed and then pulled me into a kiss.

"I love you, my little monkey." He chuckled.

"I love you too." I pecked his lips and then went back to my seat. "I should get rid of those cookies." I said while grabbing the box and destroyed the cookies and tossed them to the trash bag.

"Much better, just stick to normal cookies." He smiled.

After an hour, we arrived at my house. It was really late and I didn't want him to drive alone.

"Please stay the night. It's 1 am. I don't want you to drive alone."

"I'll stay the night." He smiled. He called his mother and told her what happened. Except the whole weed incident. Just how we lost track of time and fell asleep. "Done, lead the way, babygirl."

I love hearing that. We made it inside my house and were met by my parents. We told them the same story.

"You'll tell us tomorrow at breakfast. Matt, you know where the guestroom is." Dad said before going back to sleep.

Mom returned and handed Matt one of Cole's pj's. "Goodnight kids." With that said she went back to their bedroom.

"Goodnight, Rain." He said before placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Goodnight." I smiled.

The next day at breakfast we told them what really happened and they laughed.

"Your mom did the same. She thought happy brownies was just a cute name." Dad chuckled as mom, rolled her eyes.

"Well, you loosen up a bit that day, he was too serious back when we were dating."

"Well, this seriousness won you over." He pecked her lips as she smiled. I love how in love my parents are.

"Where's Cole?" I asked.

"He spent the night at Bella's place. She wanted him to meet her mother side of the family." Mom replied.

After we finished our breakfast, we went to the backyard and relax in the pool. My parents went to Bella's house for a lunch that they were invited. I was also invited but told her that I was on a pool date. She told me to use protection. I swear my brother corrupted that sweet soul.

.......

A Month flew by, things between us were better than ever. We still go out on dates. They're simple though, we stay home and order junk food while watching movies, or go to a diner and then we walk on the beach. They're perfect.

As I was walking to the lockers, I saw him talking to a girl. I walked over there and what she said next boiled my blood.

"Must be nice to date a rich girl, you're nothing but a gold digger. Hell, your parents work for your girlfriend. That's sad." she laughed. There's always that one girl that wants to become the queen bee. But obviously fail miserably.

"That mouth of yours belong in someone's dick; my boyfriend is not a gold digger. And FYI, his father is vice-president of the record company." With that said, I punched her. She made a run and cried.

"Show's over." Matt said before grabbing my hand and led us out of the school. "why did you lie to her?"

"I didn't, dad found out the vice-president was stealing money, so he made sure he rots in jail. And since your dad knows everything from all of those years working with dad, he gave him a big raise. That was supposed to be a surprise, but that bitch made me so mad."

"Are you serious!?"

"Yes, I'm happy for you all, this job will change your lives." I smiled while wrapping my arms around his neck as his arms were wrapped around my waist.

"You and your family are a blessing." He pecked my lips. "By the way, boyfriend?"

"Well-" he pulled me into a kiss.

"Be mine, officially?"

"Thought you'd never asked." I giggled as I pecked his lips. "yes."

His phone started to ring. He answered it and his face color drained.

"I- I'll be there soon." He said as tears were falling.

"What happened?"

He just pulled me into a hug and cried. My heart ache for him, I've never seen Matt in this state.