2. The Giant

Right before my very own eyes, the handsomest faces comes into view. Sure, he might be bruised and beaten up a bit but the beauty his face holds is extraordinary. His eyes are hazel green and even in the darkness I can see them sparkle with life. His hair looks as if it's black in the night, yet I assume it's brown, though I can't be sure as my vision on him is limited due to lack of light in here. But, I am able to see that he is injured and needs medical attention and fast. He looks at me with his eyes, almost as if he's begging me something.

"No hospital" He speaks with a British accent, and even in his voice I can sense the pain he's going through. His request does surprise me. "You're hurt, you need medical attention, it will be all right. Those guys won't find you there, I promise" I speak, trying to make him feel comfortable but there is little I can do. I know next to nothing of medical help, I still haven't taken that glass but I was going to do that next year. I curse myself for not doing it sooner. I could have helped him, but now I'm useless to him in this state.

"No hospital" He says again and I'm beginning to think that he really doesn't want to go to the hospital even though he does need it. Is this the part where he tells me that he's running from the police or something because that would happen in the books that I read. "All right, no hospital but is there any place we can go so your injuries can be checked out?" I ask him, I do want to help but I've never done this in my life and I have no idea what I'm doing here.

The fact that I don't know how to help him is making me feel like I'm useless here and I should call for someone else to help. Yet, the night is still and the cars that pass by go fast and zoom past the alley before I even could have the change to make them stop. I stand up and look over to the street to see if there is anyone there, but in the dead of night there is none out here and that scares me. I worry where my parents are and about this boy.

"A motel nearby" He answers. I go back to him and help him sit up as I notice he's been trying to and I believe he's trying to stand up too. "Um... all right, I can take you there but you have to lead the way" I tell him, as I support him, but that is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, not only is this guy tall but he's also muscular and heavy, for a small girl like me, he's a giant and a heavy one at that.

"Can you tell me your name?" I ask him, almost out of breath, we have only been walking for one minute, but this feels like torture, he's too heavy for me but I just need to bite my tongue and be strong, without actually biting my tongue because that would hurt. "I can't say" He answers me, though it was not the answer I was looking for. "I'm Beatrice or Trish as most people call me" I tell him, not even sure why I told him my name. He might not be able to tell me his but that doesn't mean that I can't tell him mine.

The hazel eyed boy has been leading us to the motel, a motel that I had no idea was even around here, then again I'm very unfamiliar with the place and this neighborhood. After I had told him my name, I tried to speak to him but he never really said that much to me. No more than three words has he said in one sentence, I suppose he has gone through much and doesn't want to speak. When we get to the motel he takes a key from his pocket and hands it to me.

On the key it is engraved the number of the room that he's staying in, the number '35'. I take the key and in the darkness I search with my eyes on the numbers of the doors until I find the right one. It's on the second floor, which means stairs oh, boy. In silence I help him up the stairs and to the motel room and with the key I unlock the door and help him inside. The room doesn't look like anyone has been here, at least since it's empty of all normal things like clothes and other necessary things that people need.

I help in on the bed and then I close the door. He groans in pain as he has been doing the whole way. "Is there someone who can look at those?" I ask him, I'm really worried about him. If those injuries aren't treated right then he might get infection and I've read history books, I know what infection has done to people in the past and it will do the same to him. "Yes" He answers and somehow it feels good that he is speaking but he doesn't say much each time he does.