Argue

Third Person View

Taehyung left after Jungkook received a shit ton of calls for a meeting, promising the blonde that they'll continue the discussion back at home. Not bothering to kiss the blonde before he left the office.

Taehyung took his time in walking out of the building, catching a glimpse of the employee from earlier who froze once he saw him again.
But the blonde didn't call him out, he genuinely didn't know and he shouldn't give him a hard time just because of a mistake. 

He went back home, Maddie was asleep with her untouched eggs still on the table but the water was finished.

He sat down on his bed and took out his sketchbook, one that Maddie didn't take and he was glad she didn't because this one meant the most to him. He opened the first page.

Happy Birthday, son.
I saw how much you loved to draw on the driveway with your chalk. Here's something when it's too hot out.

~from, dad
December 30, 2007

(Tae's still eighteen. He met jk around January and let's say it's been 11 months since then..and he received that gift from his father when he was six)

Taehyung stared at the expensive sketchbook that his father bought him on his birthday. The last time he ever got Taehyung anything.
It was like the other gifts, expensive when it was like any other sketchbook, overpriced. But the thing about this gift, Hyojong actually paid attention.

On his first 5 birthdays, Hyojong would buy him toy cars and those actual kid cars you drive in. But on his sixth birthday, his dad really noticed Taehyung's hobbies and the things he liked to do.

Hyojong wasn't the best dad back then, but he was Taehyung's dad. And it hurts him to see how different he is. Hyojong was distant even before, now, he's just a person he shares his DNA with. All blood, no love.

He turned to the second page and there was a messy drawing of himself and his dad. They were stickmen but they were adorable. The smaller stick figure was above the name "TAE", the 'E' having too many horizontal lines. The taller one had 'Dad' under it.

It was a gift he cherished the most.

Jungkook came home around 9. Taehyung had heard the front door open and close but even after a few minutes, he didnt entered the room yet. Taehyung rolled his eyes, suspecting he went to Maddie's room first. But to be honest, he didn't want to confront Jungkook. Confront as in argue. He hated the feeling when he argued with his husband.

He grabbed clothes and ran into the bathroom to take a long shower. He was in the middle of shampooing his hair when he heard the bedroom door open and close faintly over the resonating sounds of the shower.

He ignored it and continued his shower until he was done.

He took his time in the bathroom, blow drying his hair, doing his skin care routine, shaving his body and he even painted his nails.

When he looked back at his phone, it was 12:45. Damn, it's been that long already.

Hoping that Jungkook was asleep, he opened the bathroom door but like every other night, Jungkook was on his laptop.

Taehyung pursed his lips and sat down on his side of the bed.

"Do you want to talk about earlier or are we just going to ignore eachother?"
Jungkook's tone was rather harsh and snappy, like he was annoyed with something. Maybe annoyed with Taehyung.
"The latter seems tempting."
"Taehyung,—" Jungkook snapped, making Taehyung flinch.

"I just,— I don't want to fight with you anymore, Jungkook."
"What? I thought we were supposed to tell eachother things. It feels like you have shut me out."
Taehyung scoffed before turning to Jungkook.
"Like I have shut you out? Really?"

Jungkook was silent until Taehyung felt a dip in the bed and heard footsteps.
Jungkook stood in front of him before he slouched down to be parallel with Taehyung.

"I don't want to fight with you either, Taehyung. But we're going to have problems if you don't tell me what's going on inside your head." He whispered, reaching up to caress Taehyung's cheek.

"Y-you don't tell me things anymore, Jungkook. T-that sketchbook you carelessly let Maddie have was the last gift I ever received from my father. I-I know whatever I have is also y-yours, but it was still special to me."
"Then I'll take it back."
"It's not just that, Jungkook."

"You— I-i can't,... I can't do this anymore."

"Baby, you keep on worrying about everyone else. And their feelings. A-are you happy?"

"To be honest, Jungkook. No,not anymore."