Groceries and Whispered Desires

"So, how long have you been in New York?"

"Since last month," Venetia replies with a big grin.

Nikki raises her eyebrows, looking immediately at Tom and flashing a surprised smile. He turns away - practically blushing. Late February was when her sons stopped touring Europe for the 'Uncharted' press junket and settled into New York.

"Did you two orchestrate this?"

"I'm not smart enough to do anything like that," she scrunches her nose, turning towards the man she's obsessed with and always has been.

Tom shakes his head in agreement, "I had no idea until we got talking at a party. It's been nice having someone else around... Apart from my usual entourage."

"If I'd known you felt that way I would've quit ages ago," Harry chimes in, picking his head upwards from his phone.

He's been surgically attached to it since their entourage touched down in New York, making he doesn't miss a single message from girlfriend, Latisha. Tom throws his eyes to the back of his head - ignoring his brother's melodrama.

Of course, he wouldn't quit. Being Tom's go-to brother has given him a career, of sorts, and exposure.

"You know what I mean," Tom Mumbles as he tiredly rubs the corner of his eye. "Vee being here gives me something to look forward to."

Honoured, Venetia appreciatively pouts her lips together whilst gliding her hand through Tom's growing brunette locks.

She's never been with a man who has long hair before. It's natural and textured. Not too long, not too short. It also has a strange softness about it, but it maintains shape and structure, even after her fingers run through it.

It's nearly as long as hers and that mesmerises her. Before Tom, she never to like long hair on men - yet here she is, twirling his dark locks around her index finger.

"So, it's a coincidence that you're both single and based in New York?"

Tom truthfully nods his head.

Nikki doesn't pry anymore. She'll save that for later, when they're in the middle of dinner and the conversation grows stale.

"Right..." the red-headed woman's voice trails off. "First things first," Nikki points towards Venetia's burgundy suitcase. "I'll show you your room and help you get settled in," Venetia furrows her eyebrows and fakes an intrigued smile.

She'd hoped that Tom would be the one to show her to the bedroom - that they'd familiarise the bed the same way one would by breaking in a pair of shoes.

"That sounds wonderful," Venetia enthusiastically claps her hands together, wanting to seem grateful.

Harry and Tom continue to linger in the living room while Nikki shows Venetia to her new bedroom.

The oldest brother takes their absence as the perfect opportunity to explain to Harry why exactly Venetia needs his room. However, he fumbles immediately and says something down the lines of "don't cock-block me" which came off as vaguely threatening. Harry, somehow, saw the funny side and took a couple of steps away from his brother for emphasis.