thirteen

Within ten minutes, Robin and Erica were at Mike's house.

"Okay, do we have everyone? We can't call in anyone else. It's too dangerous to be out there," (Y/n) said. She had a black eye now.

"Yes," Mike said.

"Okay, we need a plan. If there's one demogorgon, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more," Will said.

"We need to close the gate in the forest. But how?" Dustin asked.

"We can board it up," Lucas said. Will snapped and pointed at Lucas.

"Yeah, with what?" Dustin asked.

"Mike. There are boards in the garage. I noticed it when I walked in," Max said. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow.

"How convenient," Nancy said with a laugh. Jonathan ran up the stairs into the garage to get the boards. Mike looked through the shelves and found a toolbox.

"Okay, here's the plan. Me, Mike, Dustin, Will, Lucas, and Steve will go to the portal in the forest. Jonathan, Robin, Erica, El, Max, and Nancy will go through town and fight any monsters you see. Got it?" (Y/n) explained.

"Why can't I go with Mike?" El asked.

"It doesn't matter," (Y/n) said with a shrug.

"Well, I think it does. I'm going with Mike," El said. (Y/n) rolled her eyes and walked away. She didn't have time for Eleven's pettiness. Hawkins was in danger.

"No, you're not. They need your powers to help fight any monsters," Mike said.

"But-" El started.

"No buts. God, please. Just listen," Steve interjected. Eleven closed her mouth and walked back to where Max was standing.

"Let's roll out," Mike said, grabbing a handgun and bullets from Nancy and handing it to (Y/n).

The boys, (Y/n), and Steve walked out the basement door to Steve's car.

"I'm driving," (Y/n) said, getting into the front seat. Steve sighed and pushed past Mike to the passenger side.

The four boys piled into the backseat as (Y/n) and Steve sat comfortably in the front.

"Why are you driving again?" Steve asked.

"She goes fast. Let's go," Mike said from the back seat. (Y/n) slammed on the gas as Mike and Will guided her to the forest.

Once they got there, Will's theory was proven to be true. One tree in particular was spitting out clear ooze.

"That's the one," Mike said. Steve opened the trunk and pulled out a board, while Lucas grabbed nails. Dustin grabbed the hammer and followed the two to the tree.

"Wait, I feel something," Will said, his hand flying to the back of his neck.

Suddenly, a growl echoed through the forest. (Y/n) held the gun out in front of her, preparing to shoot.

The six of them all gathered around back to back, so they had eyes all around them. (Y/n)'s hands shook as she held the gun. Steve had a baseball bat with nails on it, and the boys all grabbed random sticks.

"Where is it?" Dustin whispered. Will shook his head.

"I don't know," Will said. Suddenly, the temperature around them dropped.

It was already chilly because of the November weather, but now it was freezing.

"He likes it cold," Will said, his eyes bloodshot. Another growl echoed through the forest — closer this time.

"Eyes up," Steve said.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit," (Y/n) mumbled under her breath.

Mike hadn't told her about anything. Not El's powers, not the Upside Down, not Hopper, nothing. She was absolutely clueless.

All of this happened while she was at boarding school. She hadn't been back long enough for Steve to fill her in on anything. They didn't let her talk to anyone while she was there.

(Y/n)'s head started pounding. Then, she fell to her knees and passed out.

Suddenly, (Y/n) was alone. The temperature dropped even more. Her friends were gone.

"Hello?" She called out. The air was dense, and everything around her was rotting. It was dark and freezing cold.

A low growl rumbled the ground below her. Her flashlight turned off, leaving her in the dark.

"Mike? Steve?" She called. Then, the head pain came back and hit her like a truck.

She fell to her knees and clamped her hands over her ears, shrieking.

(Y/n) passed out again, and woke up with her friends once again.

"What happened?" She asked, alarmed. She was sitting on the floor of the arcade, a bandage on her left arm.

"You passed out and scraped your arm," Will said.

"Yeah, but I saw something," she said.

"What?" Will asked. (Y/n) noticed that he was talking quietly. He was also the only one around.

"I was in a place. It was dark and damp. Kind of like here, except... rotten," she said. Will's eyes widened as he fell backwards, his back hitting the wall.

"Oh no," Will said.

"What?" She asked.

"You-you went there. The upside down," Will said, panicking.

"Hey, hey. Calm down. I'm fine. See?" She said reassuringly.

"Yes, but what if you weren't? I've been hurt by that place before. I wouldn't want another person getting hurt," Will said.

"Okay, okay. Where are we, how did I get here, and what happened while I was out?" (Y/n) asked, trying to change the subject.

"We're at the arcade. Steve drove all of us here after we boarded up the gate. When you passed out, Mike and Dustin carried you to the backseat of the car. Mike stayed with you while we boarded up the gate," Will explained.

"Okay, yeah, but why are we here?" She asked.

"Oh, uh, I don't really know. Anyways, the other team met up with us at Mike's house and said they couldn't kill all of the monsters. So that's where everyone is now," Will said.

"Where's Mike?" She asked.

"Don't worry, he's with my brother and Nancy," Will said.

"Doing what?" She asked.

Before Will could answer, the lights in the arcade shut off.

"It's here," Will whispered.