Chapter 27

Kora

Kora.

The football locker room.

It just had to be somewhere close to the football field. It couldn't be hard to find. Funny how after all that time, I still got anxious whenever Luke called for me. I still ran to him when he wanted me to. I couldn't believe how fast I was walking now, trying to meet up with time. Fifteen minutes, I wanted to. In as much as it sounded stupid, I wanted to talk to him, I needed him to explain to me, to explain all of it, and I sure as hell knew that it'd be hard sleeping without getting one.

I know what you're probably going to say. It's been over six months Kora, he doesn't love you anymore, he doesn't owe you an explanation. Get over it, so you don't look stupid in front of him.

But it was Luke. Luke had always been a part of me. I'm ashamed to say it but I still craved him. A part of me still wanted him, a part of me wanted to just pray that none of this was happening, that it was all a dream, and I was going to wake up in a minute. Luke had been the only man I've loved for years, even before we made it official, and in as much as I hated to admit it, I couldn't lie to myself. I still loved him so much, and if this was a chance to get back with him, if he just told me he was sorry and wanted me back, I was shamelessly going to hold him and tell him I was his. That was how much of a fool I was, madly in love.

I rushed into the changing room in a hurry. Thank God I was able to locate the place, with little close to no stress at all. That map had to be the most useful thing I had come in contact with since I had arrived at that school.

"Luke?" I called his name, looking around the neatly arranged red room with silver lockers, taking my time, hoping to just bump into him. I turned to the corner where the bathroom was. "Luke." I refrained from getting in when I heard loud footsteps from behind me echoing around the empty room.

"Well, well, well, Look who we have here."
I froze for a second. That didn't sound like Luke at all. I recognized the voice instantly.

"I just knew this was an offer you could never resist. You just love to go out of your way to take things from people don't you?"

I rolled my eyes. Just what was she talking about? I slowly turned to my not so amazing stepsister, staring into her eyes as I watched her glare at me with a wry smile on her face, and her hands folded beneath her small breasts. She stroke a pose that made one of her legs a few paces apart and in front of the other. I was so sure that at that moment, she felt like a total diva completely in charge of the situation.

What was this? I looked around the locker room instead. Why was she here, and Luke wasn't? Where was Luke?

"Oh, don't bother looking for Luke, he's not coming."

I settled my eyes back on her. Was this some kind of a joke? A prank to get me alone with her? What did she want?

"You've not changed at all, have you?" She asked me. "You're still interested in taking what's mine from me, seeing that you actually came all the way here, after getting that text from Luke."