Chapter 2

I like Keefe.

I just kept repeating that to myself. How could I not notice who I liked? I feel so clueless. People told me I was oblivious, but.... I just thought I would now about my own feelings, ya know.

But nope. Here I am, being surprised because I just realized that I was dating someone because I felt I owed them, WHILE THINKING I ACTUALLY HAD FEELINGS FOR HIM.

Ughhhhhhhhh, I am so messed up.

No. Nope. I will not think like that. Not know. I am a leader, of Team Valiant and the pure elves, and people need me. I will not beat myself up because I am being a normal teenager. Kinda.

I go sit on my bed because my legs are killing me from standing up for like 3 hours.

At least I know that Keefe will be by my side no matter what. He is great. He's the guy that you would call if you killed someone and needed help to hide the body. He's trustworthy like that. I know he won't judge me.

Woah, I could've never thought that about Fitz. Maybe this is a good thing, knowing that I will be with the most trust worthy person ever. Keefe is just—

"Woah Foster, why are you feeling so.... fluttery?" He asked, breaking me out of my mental rant... about the guy right in front of me.

I look up and gasp. Wow Sophie, smooth. Way to be subtle.

But still...damn. I hadn't noticed before because I was so caught up with Fitz, but he is the most attractive person ever. His eyes are the most beautiful shade of ice blue, his hair is just so perfect, and his lips - don't even get me started on his lips - they are just so kis—

"Um, Foster? My eyes are up here" he says, pointing at his eyes.

I blush. A lot. Not a cute blush, I was full on fire truck. Literally. I look down, and suddenly my feet become the most interesting things in the world.

"Sooooo, Foster, wassup? Are you alright? You haven't said a word since I got here." He asked with a worried look in his eyes.

I sigh. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just have a lot on my mind." I say, still on fire truck mode. "Wait, why are you here?"

He gasps dramatically. "I can't come just to be with you, Foster? I am so hurt. Rude." He says with a fake pout on his face.

"Of course you can, Keefe, but I guess I just thought you were here to tell me something." I say rolling my eyes, a little hurt inside.

What did I expect? Of course, cause in real life when you realize you have feelings for someone, they are going to come to you telling you they love you. Wow, so realistic.

Keefe suddenly seems nervous. " Ummm, I was actually going to tell you something, but I guess I'll just go..."

"No, no! Keefe! That's not what I meant. You can tell me anything." I reply, silently begging him to stay.

"I guess it's better now than never." He mumbles.

"Sophie, I know you probably still like Fitz, but I just want you to know that you are the most amazing girl in my life... and that I like you."

A/N: Yayyyy!! He finally confessed!!! I know, I know. Cliche af. But... I just can't help it. I'm so sorry for any grammar mistakes and for the short chapter (at least there is a chapter). Thank you so much for reading!!
-Natalie