Chapter 51: Meeting Of Old Friends

Song Quote: Lily
"They warned her, don't go there There's creatures who are hiding in the dark. Then something came creeping it told her.
Don't you worry, just follow everywhere I go.
Top over the mountains or valley low. Give you everything you've been dreaming of Just let me in.
Everything you wantin' gonna be the Magic story you've been told And you'll be safe under my control
Just let me in."
~~~

Your Pov:
Grey waves crashed along the shore in the early hours of the morning. The sun was over the horizon but it was blocked out by the clouds.

Soft gusts of salty air blew through your hair as you gazed out to the deep blue.

With the back doors of the van open, you sat on the ledge and watch the waves pass on by. Echo peacefully slept in your bed behind you. His owl plushie held close to his chest as the nindroid slept.

What kind of dreams would he have? Hopefully something vibrant and good.

Mindroid slept by himself in the passenger seat at the front of the van. His arms crossed and on alert in case any and all situations happen.

You were jealous the two could sleep so soundly. Nindroid's don't even need to sleep, so they're really just conserving and replenishing battery power.

Swirling your glass mug, you watched the liquid form a miniature whirlpool. Your tear strained eyes getting lost the cold drink. Funny. You only got the chance to use this glass mug once or twice before it got damaged by the Great Devourer.

After taking a sip, you set the cup down on the snowflake plate you've kept in good condition. two completely different sets of table ware, but they go so well together.

You weren't getting any good sleep, so you've stayed up watching the sun and the waves glisten like morning dew. You were completely wide awake, but you're whole demeanor remained listless and spiritless.

Sometimes how the day will go depends on what kind of dreams you've had.

Leaning your head against your hand, you stared out to the deep ocean deep in your own thoughts. Pondering your research into a certain book and your place in this world.

The nighttime and early mornings are when we're the most sentimental.

Times when you're alone with your thoughts hurt the most. Guilt, regrets and fears always come out to haunt your mind. Reminding you that you're the walking husk of another, more vibrant soul named (Y/n).

"...I know I don't have a plan, I'm working on that part" you hummed softly to yourself, staring ahead with a dull expression.

"At least I've got a van. So let me drive my van into your heart. Let me drive my van into your heart..." These were the lines of a song you heard on the radio. The catchy tune stuck in your head for some reason.

You winced as a sharp pain shot through your head. Shattered glass rang in your ears as your vision grew hazy.

"...Great." You grumbled as you leaned your head against the van's doorframe.

Spontaneous headaches were nothing new. Sometimes they give you glimpses of old forgotten memories.

This particular memory felt warm and tingly. You were walking along a beach, holding onto your mother's jacket sleeve as you two talked about who knows what.

The feeling of the sand under your feat and ocean water around your ankles was a familiar feeling.

It was only a flash, fragments of a memory.

Snapping yourself back to, the warmth faded and only the aches remained.

You rubbed your temples and let out a sigh. These glimpses into your memories feel they're teasing you. A trail of bread crumbs when you just want to hold the loaf.