chapter thirty two

I laid on the couch with my head in Aries' lap, my legs tucked underneath myself in a cozy position. It felt strange, the level of intimacy that was exchanged between us even with no words. He stroked my hair gently, both of our eyes on the tv screen, nearly invested. Things hadn't changed completely between us since our confessions, but our relationship was slightly altered. Aries was still Aries and I was still myself, of course. But he was slightly more affectionate, and I was slightly more willing to both show love and receive it.

Jasmine was over. She was in the bathroom, doing whatever she was. She had spent more days over since her and Silas had made up. So not only had we gotten closer, but her and Silas had too. So as great as that was, I was also happy that the bruises on my neck clearing up. They were still present. I hadn't taken any days off of work trying to prove something to both Samael and myself that I was stronger than I was-but I hadn't seen him. And I didn't want to see him. The bruises were still present even under my turtleneck, but they had still lightened up even in the slightest and became a much fainter hue.

I snuggled up against him tighter, feeling him run his fingers through my hair and slightly massage the root. It was gentle, peaceful just laying with him. I let out a soft sigh in delight. I heard a door open and shut and footsteps moving toward us. I glanced up, seeing Silas making his way over toward us. I smiled slightly, sitting up. I was going to move over and make space for him, but Silas pulled me on his lap and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Where's Jasmine?" Aries asked him.

"Bathroom," Silas said. "She likes to shower after work."

"Is she staying over?" Aries asked, his eyes on me.

I shrugged, nodding a little. "I think so."

"Does that mean you won't be sleeping with me tonight?" Silas asked.

I shook my head. "I don't think so."

"Natalia is going to leave you for Jasmine," Aries teased.

"That would mean she's leaving you too," Silas deadpanned, not even blinking. Aries narrowed his eyes at Silas as realization dawned on him. I shook my head as I looked in between the two of them.

"I'll be with you in the morning," I said, bringing his attention back to me.

He shook his head, laying me back down on Aries' lap. "Not good enough." I stared up at him as he looked down at me from his standing position.

"What's not good enough?" I asked, already feeling breathless. I knew what it meant, I just wanted to hear him say it.

"I'm going to fuck you," Silas told me.

I titled my head back, looking at Aries curioudly. He smirked down at me slightly, his eyes going back to Silas as he let out a soft chuckle. "Even with Jasmine here?" He asked.

"Precisely," Silas responded, stroking my cheek. The soft gesture ended quickly as he yanked my shirt over my head.

"And you're going to let him fuck you while she's here?" Aries let out a mocking gasp. "She can walk in at any second, Natalia."

"Aries, you fucked her in front of Rafael. You know she doesn't care," Silas mumbled. He pulled down my pants, rubbing me gently. He exhaled, sliding a single finger inside of me.

"B-But Jasmine's your sister. It's weird," I breathed.

"She's a succubus and I'm an incubus, Natalia. She doesn't give a fuck about what we do. It's normal."