Chapter 40 - Shock

We step into the room and Tyler is laying face up, he's dead. I don't know who made the shot but it's point-blank in the head, and he's dead.

Charlie and Jordan are both laying on the ground, eyes closed and covered in blood.

"Fuck." I yell as I get down on the ground next to them. "Charlie." I pull her into my arms. Her eyes flutter open and looks up at me.

"About time you lot showed up." She all but whispers with a small smile.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Chet asks worried as he gets down next to her.

He looks at the men then at Tyler's dead body and nods his head. "Get him out of here, I don't want her seeing more then she already has." He orders.

Jasper and Ryan follow orders.

"I'm fine." She nods looking exhausted

"I'm not, a little help." Jordan laughs in pain as he moves his hand from his shoulder revealing a bullet wound "You owe me man." He attempts to laugh "I took a bullet for your girl."

"Oh my gosh." Jill gasps and gets down next to him, she rips his shirt in an attempt to a tourniquet. "Here let me help you, I'm training to be a nurse."

"I'll call Sara." Dad grabs his phone and exits the building.

"Jeez baby, at least buy me dinner first." Jordan grins up at Jill.

"You are not flirting right now." Jill shoots back with a laugh as she ties it around his arm and tightens it.

"Rough as well, even better." He winks at her.

"Even on your death bed you're thinking about girls." I laugh and stand up, still holding Charlie in my arms.

"I owe you." She smiles softly at Jordan.

Jill helps Jordan to his feet, and he shakes his head. "I'll tell you what, get your friend here to go on a date with me and you owe me nothing." He grins, his arm around Jill.

We make our way outside and back to the cars. It's only a moment later that Sara and the other women arrive and we hear police sirens in the background.

Fuck, who called the cops?

Charlie begins to tremble under me as we all make a run for the cars. "It's okay baby." I whisper I pick her up and take her to one of the cars.

"Go." Ryan yells. "I'll get anything linked to us; you lot go!"

Charlie's POV:

It's been a few hours since we first arrived back at the house and everyone's mood has been rather quiet. Lane hasn't let Shay out of his sight since she arrived back and I think most of the men are feeling pretty protective after everything that happened.

Mom and dad have been close by each by each other most of the night as well and they're been very affection with each other, not as in making out in front of everyone, but in the soft, gentle way they're touching each other, the way dad kisses her temple and places his arm around her, keeping her close.

Sasha and Ryan are much the same as are Sara and Frankie. Sara fixed up Jordan's shoulder and Jill assisted after all she is training to be a nurse and once the pain killers set in Jords was his happy self once more, flirting away with Jill who was more than happy to flirt back.

As far as anyone knows, we were never at the house today and we know nothing about Tyler and Luke being dead.

The only problem is, I do.