Chapter 9

"Great. Bring them over. We're over by that red umbrella. I'll meet you there once I'm done."

Levi nodded and watched as M/n walked off to the stalls. He almost fell as all the anxiety and nervousness just spilled out.

Pull yourself together, Levi.

He sighed to himself and began walking over to where his parents were unloading the car. "Back so soon?"

"Yeah, uh..."

"Hmm? What's wrong?"

"Are you okay, Daddy?", Mikasa asked as she drank her juice from a little pouch.

"Yeah, sweetie. I'm okay. It's just...I saw M/-- I mean, Mr/ L/n."

"Really?"

"Yes. And he asked me...if we would like to join him."

"Oh, what fun! What do you think, dear?"

"It's fine with me."

"It's settled then! Off to meet with Mr. L/n! Oh, Levi, dear, would you grab that bag?"

"Sure."

Levi's mother now had a bright, bubbly aura around her that made both Levi and his father look away, feeling that they would get blinded the longer they stare.

Why is she so happy to see him?

"Did he tell you where they were?"

"By the bright red umbrella."

Levi held Mikasa's hand as they walked along the sand, heading towards the area where M/n's parents were. "Excuse me."

M/n's mother turned to look at them and flashed a friendly smile. "Hello there. Is there something I can help you with?"

"We are the Ackerman family. Would you happen to be Mr. and Mrs. L/n?"

"Yes, we are."

"Great! It's nice to meet both of you!"

"Afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Ackerman", a deep voice said from behind.

"Why, hello there, Mr. L/n!", Levi's mother greeted happily.

Levi's father gave a nod in acknowledgment. "Glad you could join us."

"What a coincidence that we happened to be here at the same time."

M/n chuckled and turned to his parents. "Mom, Dad, this is the Ackerman family. They're a client of mine. But, we're not here on business. So, we can drop the formalities."

"It's very nice to meet you both."

"The pleasure is ours", Mitch greeted as he shook hands with them.

His eyes landed on the small girl beside Levi. "Might this be your youngin?"

"Yes. Her name's Mikasa."

Mitch kneeled down and smiled at her. "Nice to meet you, Mikasa.'

She placed her small hands on his and smiled back. "Nice to meet you, Mister."

Mitch stood back up and ruffled her hair. "You're adorable."

M/n smiled slightly at the scene before looking around. He started feeling something in the pit of his stomach. "Mom."

She turned to him. "Yes?"

"Where's S/n?"

She began looking around, catching Mitch's attention as well. "He was right here a second ago."