Not a Chapter

It's Not What It Looks Like

Colette:

Zac's arms circle my shoulder and pull me closer to his side. My heart skips a beat as the warmth from his body seeps through my skin and his freshly showered scent engulfs me. A feeling of guilt as always follows which I push it away. If I was half a decent person, I won't be doing this to him. Zac doesn't deserve this. But I am desperate and this is the only way I could think of that will have the least damage. His lips kiss my temple and he intertwines his fingers with mine. Tear pricks my eyes by the loving gesture and I can't help wonder if he will understand the reason behind my manipulations.

You see Zac thinks I accidentally crushed on him with a steaming cup of coffee which lead to many chance encounters that made him realize that I was the perfect girl for him. But in reality, I stalked him for months, paid a guy to trick his high school sweetheart to cheat on him, created our encounters and pretended to be the girl he would fall for. This illusion of love as a means to an end, but somewhere while creating this pretense I fell for him. In a perfect world, I could come clean and expect him to forgive me. But this world is f*cked up and I have to continue this ruse. I am too deep in it now to turn back. My final trap is set and I hope he falls for it hook, line, and sinker.

Zachary:

If I had a type, then the gorgeous girl I am cuddling with will tick off all the items on the list. A beautiful face with neatly done makeup, hazel eyes that sparkled with kindness, golden blonde hair straightened and combed with not a hair out of place, a pearl necklace around her necklace slender neck and dressed like she is the speaker of the house of representatives. But sadly, that's not my type. That's the type my parents want me to date. That's the type all my previous girlfriends were. And that's not Col.

I am not sure if I should be inspired by her schemes or laugh at her stupidity. It's naive of her to think she can manipulate me. Me, the soon to be a pro footballer who signed a multi million-dollar contract. Me, the son of the Senate who is running for president next term. Me, the grandson and heir of the automobile giant. I found out about her deception as soon as my girlfriend cheated on me. Col thought she is playing me like a fiddle. Nah. I was indulging her to see what she is really up to. I am yet to figure it out. It's not money because Col is the daughter of a billionaire herself. I thought it might be the social status that comes from dating me but she didn't want to go to any parties or social events I asked her to accompany me. Anyway, I am watching her cautiously and it's only a matter of time that I will catch her red-handed in whatever game she is playing. I will make her regret that she dared to cross path with me. I will make a lesson out of her.

Hi, Lovelies,

This is the prologue of the next book. It will be a romantic thriller and have some dark chapters. Would you be interested in Col and Zac's story? Please let me know in comments.

Also, should I write done the whole book and post it one short. Let me know your choice.

For those who are following 'Tough Love', I will complete it first before writing this one.

Please vote so I know how many will be interested to read the book.

Please add it to your reading list