Chapter 14

JISOO

You hear every day about women being abused. Women being raped. You wonder why someone didn't say anything. Why someone didn't help. How is it possible to hurt another person? And when that happens to someone you know, a friend, a family member, your own child then things are different.

I knew that Suho was an asshole. A pusher. When we were together he had his way persuading me to what he wanted. He was another Nara Kim. And I was always listening to him. Not that I didn't understand what he was doing. I just didn't want to say anything. And for my mom I should be a lovely girlfriend and a future lovely wife to my boyfriend.

Jisoo Kim. This is me. But who is me actually? The one that I wanted to be or the one that my mother wanted me to be? Jisoo Kim wanted to be free. Jisoo Kim was in love with a girl when she was younger but to her mom that was forbidden. That was unforgivable. Nara Kim couldn't have a gay daughter and of course as a good daughter I was I put it behind. I hide it deep inside and I forgot what I wanted and she never found out about it. I had only two relationships my whole life. To my mother's discomfort. Suho being my second of course.

You are wondering if I liked a girl after that crush in high school. The answer is no. I managed to hide it so well that I pushed my feelings away. It amazed me how they came back when I met Jennie for the first time. When I saw her that shiny day with her beautiful smile. Then the things I forgot, the things I thought that I forgot were coming back and I just didn't know what to do. How to react. What would happen? I was with Suho. A guy that I've been with for two years. And now I was starting to like Jennie. A girl I didn't know at that time. A girl that I didn't know how to talk. And all I did was to be what I knew the best. Being an uptight snob bitch. As she said I was.

Day after day I was going to that bakery shop just to see her. She was always making my day without even know it. Till that night that fate brought us together accidentally. And since that day she managed to bring light to my life. She managed with her beautiful daughter to make me feel something when everything was black. And I could smile because of her.

I was starting to forget Suho. Suho was a back up plan. Someone that I was supposed to be with. But when Jennie came into my life I just wanted to end this with him. I wasn't in love with him. I never had been. And he was making miserable. Jennie was making me happy just being there with me. Even as friends..

When he came to my office that morning I knew that it wouldn't end well. I didn't expect him though to do something like that. Although it is just an assumption. Jennie still doesn't say anything about who it was. But I know it was him. I saw it in his face that he was up to no good. I didn't know that he would hurt Jennie. It wasn't her fault. She had nothing to do with me and Suho but in his crazy mind he thought that she was the reason I was changing. She was the spark of my change not the reason.

When I got inside the meeting I felt strange. My mind was to Suho and what happened minutes ago inside my office. I don't know why or how but something was telling me to go back to my house. I told Bona that I was leaving and I called my house phone. No one was answering. Jennie was in her crunches so the first time I didn't get worry. Second time and nothing. Third and nothing. I knew that something was wrong.

When I opened the door to my apartment I found her on the floor, unconscious covered with blood. The first thing I did was to see if she was alive. I checked her pulse but it was almost not existent. I tried to talk to her. I tried to see where she was hurt. She was a mess. And the blood on the floor. That bastard. It had to be Suho. No one had the reason to come in here and hit Jennie. I called the ambulance and found the strength to call Ella's school. I didn't know how long we would be at the hospital. Once the ambulance was here I found the doorman and asked him if he saw who came inside. He said that he couldn't remember because he was on the phone at some point. He realized what happened when he saw Jennie on that medical table and his face fell. Our building had cameras and I am sure it wasn't a thief. It was someone he knew.. And that someone was sure Suho.