Heatstroke

Chapter summary:

"You remember Peter, right?"

"Of course."

"He's sick. Like a lot. Can you get to Malibu? Cho's in Korea."

"Well, I just happen to be in Malibu. Describe the symptoms to me, while I prepare for the way.

Or, Peter is sick and Pepper and Tony are caring parents.

<><><><><><>

"So?" Pepper asked Tony as he returned from the kitchen with a new wet towel that he replaced on Peter's forehead and put the previous one on the table.

"We're lucky for once. Bruce is in Malibu, so he'll be here any minute," Tony replied, sitting down on the couch.

"Did Bruce say something? He still burns badly, Tony. I thought he couldn't just get sick with his modified DNA," Pepper said worriedly, and Tony sighed. That's what he thought too until yesterday.

"He thinks he knows what it is, but he didn't say much more. Just that we should continue to put cold compresses on his forehead."

"He'll be fine, right?"

"I think so, Pepper. He's sick. The kids are still sick," Tony tried to calm her down. The truth was that he was pretty scared.

"Not a kid," Peter murmured, but his eyes were still closed.

"We can talk about that later," Tony chuckled.

"Someone who will help you is on the way," Pepper said, reaching for his face, which was still burning too much.

"May?" he asked and Pepper's gaze immediately met Tony's. Poor kid had disillusionment.

"No, buddy. Bruce's on his way. You remember Bruce, don't you?"

"Yeah, love his work," he mumbled.

"How much longer?" Pepper asked.

"Not much," Tony murmured.

"I think I'll be sick," Peter whispered, and Pepper readily picked up the bucket from the floor and put it in Peter's hand just in time.

"I'll get there!" Tony blurted as the doorbell rang.

"You think you're good?" Pepper asked as Tony disappeared into the hallway and Peter stopped vomiting.

"I think so."

"Hey, guys," greeted the incoming Bruce, then frowned slightly. "The blanket must be gone," he said, pointing to a blanket in which Peter was wrapped like a burrito.

"What's happening?" asked Peter, confused, as Pepper removed the blanket.

"I think you have heatstroke, Peter," Bruce said, sitting beside him on the couch, where Tony was sitting before.

"Oh."

"Well, he's been spending a lot of time at the pool in direct sunlight since we're here," Tony explained. And he immediately scolded himself in his head that he hadn't thought of the effects of spending time by the pool from morning to evening.

"Tony, could you get a bucket of lukewarm water to his feet? We have to cool him down gradually," Bruce commanded and Tony nodded.

"My head hurts," Peter groaned.

"I know, buddy. Pepper, could you get some tea sweetened with syrup or something? If possible, lukewarm," Bruce said, and Pepper disappeared into the kitchen.