•|| Chapter 4 ||•

A few minutes pass and you started to become bored, you remember that Kawanishi told you not to leave the room. You huffed and fold your arms, plopping onto the bed.

Just as you started to get drowsy, the door opened, making you shot up in excitement, hoping it was Kawanishi with BunBuns.

But it wasn't him.

Instead it was a girl, one with cute blonde hair and a small figure, she seemed to be trying to find something.

You waited until she noticed you were there, " I wonder where the bandages are... " You heard her mutter to herself, walking aimlessly through the infirmary and accidentally hitting something with her foot. She yelped in surprise and that made you giggle.

" Huh..? W-Who's there? " Yachi stuttered with her hands to her chest, pondering if she heard a spirit of a child. You inched towards the corner of the bed and jumped off, the thud making Yachi flinch.

With a curious intention, you peeked through the curtains and faced Yachi. It took her a few seconds to respond but she eventually yelped in surprise, " AH! A CHILD SPIRIT! " She pointed at you while screaming that and you just tilted your head at her.

You weren't a spirit but you are indeed a child.

" Spi...rit..? " You repeat the word as Yachi stays in place. " A-Are you real..? " She cautiously asked as you looked at your tiny hands, opening and closing them and finally nodding to her question. ' I ASSUMED SOMEONE AGAIN!! ' She shouted in her mind as you walk towards her.

She flinched when you suddenly grasped the hem of her jacket. " Na...me..? " You asked as she blinked a couple times before understanding what you wanted. " O-Oh! My name's Hitoka Yachi, w-what about you? " She asked, kneeling in front of you and losing her nervousness.

" ___. " You smile at her, she blushed at bit at your cuteness. " That's a cute name ___, do you know where the bandages are? " She asked, finally remembering why she went into the infirmary in the first place. " Some...one...pain..? " You ask as Yachi shakes her head. " Nope, I just need some because I forgot to pack some earlier and for just in case someone get hurt. " She explained as you nodded.

After recalling Yachi's question, you point at the shelves containing the bandages she needed. She thanked you and reluctantly pet your head gently, once again, you smiled at the action as you enjoyed people giving you pats on the head.

Before Yachi left, she checked outside to see if anyone was coming, suddenly thinking about why there was a child there. She turned to you, " Do you have anyone with you, ___? " And asked as you nodded. " I see, well, I'll maybe see you later! " She bid farewell and closed the door, the same silence from earlier greeting you again.

You sigh silently and climb back onto the bed and, it was hard to be patient but you were able to do it. You decide to wait a few more minutes, becoming a little impatient and wanting to leave the room to find BunBuns yourself. You turn to your side and hugged the extra pillow.

You started to become drowsy again but the door slammed open, making you jolt up and stare at the door. The scary part was that you couldn't hear anyone's footsteps and the only thing you could see is a shadow of man with spiky hair. Before you could check out who it was, the curtain suddenly opened.

" HERE'S BUNBUNS! " The person yelled in an odd tone as you look at them, it was just Tendou with a cheeky smile on his face. " Did I scare you, little ___? " He asks, handing you BunBuns as you hug your stuffie tightly, giving him a kiss on the forehead afterwards. Tendou just smiled at your reunion before picking you up into his arms, ' What a brave girl indeed. '

" I'm guessing you don't want to stay here any longer. " Tendou stated as you nodded, one of your hands clutching on his shirt as the two of you leave the room.

It took a couple of minutes to get into the gym, you perked up when you heard the sound of shoes squeaking, balls getting hit, and multiple voices as the two of you neared the double doors. It scared you a little since you've never been into an actual training camp but you knew you had Tendou and the others to protect you and plus, who would wanna harm someone as cute as you?

Tendou noticed you snuggling closer to his chest, he blushed slightly at that, " Are you scared, little ___? " He asked, stopping completely to help you get rid of that tiny fear. You nodded and spoke, "Ma..ny...people... ". He immediately got your point and ruffled your head gently, " It's alright, little ___! I'll protect you! " He proudly stated, hugging you tightly, making you giggle and nod, giving him the signal that you're ready.

Once the doors opened, you were greeted by the sound of loud thumping of volleyballs getting spiked into the ground and the view of many colorful school jerseys which amazed you quite a bit. Tendou saw he glimmer in your eyes after glancing around the gym, he chuckled at your reaction before heading back to the team.

" Do that again and you'll never play volleyball!! " You heard the loud and angry voice of Coach Washijo shout at Kawanishi. You pointed at the ground and Tendou put you down, you quickly ran to Kawanishi and hugged his leg, surprising the coach and Kawanishi, you turned to the demon coach and tried to explain what happened, mostly using hand gestures and some words.

Coach Washijo just looked at you with a blank expression until Tendou came and somehow translated what you were saying to the coach. " I think she's asking you not to scold Kawanishi because it was completely her fault for getting hurt. " Coach Washijo looked at you for assurance and you nodded, still hugging Kawanishi's leg and holding BunBuns. " I guess it's fine then. " Coach huffed and folded his arms, sitting back on the bench as you reached up for Kawanishi.

Before he could pick you up, he was called into the game and had no choice but to carefully pry you off his leg with the help of Coach Saito. You whined as Kawanishi left along with Tendou, but you calmed down after seeing Ushijima spike a ball through the other side of the court, which fascinated you.