09 ➳ You're All Pathetic

R U N N I N G
F O R  M I L E S

I sat down at the table, occupied by a fresh bowl of fruit salad and A bottle of crisp cold water. I actually sat at a different table today, I couldn't bare sitting with Lila and her pretty much perfect friends, especially after pissing Lakyn off; So, I found a vacant table at the back, hopefully out of the sight of Hale.

I was eating, pecking at my fruit salad when I felt a presents beside me. I looked up at the boy and noticed it was Aiden from the library. The boy that Lakyn ranted on about for pretty much all of my study class.

Wait I'm pretty sure it's actually Arden, not Aiden.

"Can I help you?" I asked as I shoved a chunk of watermelon in my mouth.

"Oh um, I noticed you were by yourself." He babbled on, "Can I sit?"

"I guess." I stated rather harshly.

How hard is it to get some peace and quiet at this school?

"Your the new girl right? Eden Rivers?" Arden asked as he pulled out the chair next to me.

It astounds me that I'm still referred to as 'New'. I've been here for what feels like at least two or three weeks but I'm sure it's only been two. But still I shouldn't still be referred to as new because I feel I have been here past the 'New' stage I thought it would have all blown off by now but apparently not.

"Yeah I am, you must be-" I managed to say before getting cut off.

"Arden Rosen. The one and only doll face." He said cockily.

I know what Lakyn was talking about now.

"So Arden tell me-"

Arden ran a hand through his brown hair "About myself? Gladly.", he then stretched out on the chair "Well I'm the best on the Lacrosse team, I'm going to be taking over my father's multi-million-dollar company when I leave school, I've also done modelling for Calvin Klein and lastly, I've got the hottest girl in school all over me." he said as I watched his gaze flick over to a very familiar blonde-haired girl.

I knew all of the stuff he said was obviously all incorrect; Lakyn had already told me that she was the worst player on the Lacrosse team, also this boy was okay on the eyes but he was nothing compared to Shawn Mendes and Jacob Elordi who in fact have been Calvin Klein models.

But the last thing is what almost made my mouth drop down to the floor. There is no way that the Lila Hayes would willingly breath the same air as a boy like Arden. I feel as though he is simply just not her type.

"She's gorgeous, isn't she?" Arden pretty much drooled.

"I guess you could say that." I said pulling at a strand of my messy bun.

"You're so lucky." he sighed out as he looked at Lila day dreamily.

I raised an eyebrow, "How so?"

"I've tried for years to be in their friend group but I've never ever managed to get near as close as you have." he said still watching Lila as she waited in line to get her lunch.

"I would honestly make a deal with the devil for that girl." he said as he forced his eyes off of her.

"Have you even tried to get to know her?

"Well we've had sex so yeah I do know her." He winked.

I didn't know I could throw up in my mouth that fast.

"No, I would do anything and everything for that girl, I'd give her the world if I could." He sighed, again running his hand through his silky chocolate brown hair.