S E V E N

CHAPTER SEVEN

I'm having a difficult time processing this. What does Sehun mean by before he does something stupid? And why did Baekhyun say that he's the one that claimed me?

Baekhyun continued pulling me until we reached a large room. From the looks of it, it's their library. "Why did you blurt out that it's a demon mark?" he sighed as he closed the door.

He gestured towards the couch and I took a seat. "He already saw it, there's no use lying to him." I scratched my head.

Baekhyun sighed as he sat at the other end of the couch. "Now you've gotten me involved," he groaned.

"Well you didn't need to do that," I told him. "Why did you even say it?" I asked.

"It's the only thing we could've done otherwise Sehun would keep asking," he explained. But why him of all people? "Can't you just be grateful that I did something like that to protect you?" he said in disbelief.

"Sorry," I grinned sheepishly. "I guess I owe you two already." I chuckled.

"Two?" he asked.

"For the tea and bread last night, then this." I answered.

"Don't forget the coat that I lent you," he joked. Both of us shared a laugh after that. I was actually surprised to see Baekhyun laughing, it somewhat made me feel comfortable.

"Don't let your guard down, Paige. No matter how human I act, I'm still a part demon. You shouldn't trust me."

I scooted closer and I looked straight at him. I noticed that he has beautiful eyes and an innocent-looking face. "What are you talking about suddenly?" he leaned backward as he avoided eye contact. He probably heard me.

"I'll still trust you, I want to." I smiled.

He shook his head in disbelief. "You sure are stubborn," he chuckled lightly.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked him.

"To keep you away from Sehun for a while," he answered. "It's also to convince him, who knew that your stubbornness is contagious?"

I grinned. Well, at least I'd have no problems with Sehun for a while. "But can you tell me why he's the only one like that?" I asked him, he knows I'm referring to Sehun. Baekhyun looked hesitant at first but he just nodded.

"My mother was cursed when she was pregnant with Sehun. My uncle was responsible for it since he was never on good terms with my father. It just so happens that they were in the midst of a big fight when my mother was pregnant. My father defeated my uncle but my uncle still seeks revenge and that's where he involved my mother and the child she was carrying."

So it was just bad timing that Sehun and their mother got involved. "What was the fight about?" I asked him.

"They are fighting for their position as head of the family. My uncle just can't accept defeat." he answered.

"Where are they now?" I still don't understand how my stepfather got to know their father.

"My father is with your stepfather, it's for business. That also explains how he got the debts. My uncle shows up from time to time just to mess with us brothers, especially with Sehun." he seemed to notice my worrying. "You shouldn't worry though, you got us." I nodded. Well at least now I understand, I'm no longer that clueless.

"Anyways, we'll be attending school tonight so you should prepare," he said as he stood up.

"Night class? That's cool." I whistled. It's a whole new experience for me.